An extremely light-bodied mixture using seasoned, ribbon-cut lemon tobaccos of the highest grade from Brazil's Rio Grande do Sul. This tobacco is a wonderful morning or afternoon smoke with a unique pastry aroma.

Blended ByMcClelland
Manufactured ByMcClelland
Strength
Taste
Denevei Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Denevei (58)

Like most McClelland's tobaccos, Pastry is very moist. Actually, I'd call it wet. This is a tobacco which will require some time to dry out before smoking. The level of moisture is going to create some very hot steam, and thus cause tongue bite. That said, if you're looking for a pleasant, slightly different aromatic and don't mind drying the tobacco a bit, this may be something you will enjoy. The pouch aroma isn't really identifiable, but is clean and alluring. The tobacco is a fairly uniform medium brown in color, and a relatively fine cut. The taste on the charring light reminded me of chocolate and raisins, and this remained in the early part of the bowl. There is also a doughy flavor, which surprised me. Though the blend claims to have a pastry-like flavor I honestly didn't expect it. Further into the bowl I was reminded of challah or hermoset. The chocolaty essence remained on the back of my throat, but toward the end of the smoke I also noticed a fruity flavor more to the front of my tongue. Several people commented to me on the fragrance, describing it as french vanilla or vanilla bean. Aromatic smokers are going to enjoy this blend, which is quite different than most typical aromatics I've smoked.

Smoke_Ring Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note

Burn = 7

After Taste = 7

Raw Score = 42

Rated Percentage = 70%

Comment = Smooth, same Pouch Note as 110, faint nutty Flavor, slight After Taste

Good1 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Good1 (6)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

The taste is great for someone wanting something lite. I thought I was having problems keeping it lit then I notice there was nothing left in ther bowl to burn. I do find that it's so lite that I do smoke it rather fast and get some tounge burn. I think if I was to use it for a blend maybe adding some cube burley to slow it down.

greekthinker Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
greekthinker (18)
Mild Mild Very Mild Pleasant

This is a good burner with thick and plentiful plumes of smoke. I like that. However, that is the best feature of this blend. The taste is mild and forgettable. The room note is nice as with virtually all aromatics. Both the taste, which was not great to begin with, and the aroma, fade in the stretch. I can see having this blend in the mix of a number you already smoke, but it won't go on the top shelf with your favorits.

Cactus John Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Cactus John (34)
Mild Extremely Mild Mild Very Pleasant

This is more than likely a tobacco for blending. although you can smoke it just the way it is. Its very mild and nice but has no real special caricature on its own. It obviously has some kind of flavoring on it but seems to be more for smell than flavor although you can tell its there. Not as strong as 5100. This would be a very good tobacco for the beginning pipe smoker. And the beginning blender to play with as well.