This blend is dominated by our mild Cavendish to which we have added a delicious American Virginia tobacco. Exotic coconut flavoring.

BrandMac Baren
ContentsCavendish, Virginia
Strength
Taste
Extremely Mild (Flat), Very Mild
Unnoticeable, Pleasant
1.5
workingstiff Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
workingstiff (39)
Mild Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant

This is a rather dull smoke by itself but not horrid. The coconut is not very interesting and bites the tongue after a few bowls. The room note is good. I gave this a somewhat recomended because I liked it as a addition to my blending jar tobacco. It gave a faintly more pleasant odor to the mix. So I liked it as a mixer but felt it doesn't have the legs to stand up by itself.

SmokeKing David Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SmokeKing David (114)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Decent room note, but hard to think of any other positive attribute of this blend. Better aromatics can be easily found.

Bites with little provocation.

I won't be buying this again.

Govern yourself accordingly.

lisztman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
lisztman (15)
Very Mild Mild Very Mild Pleasant

The reviews haven't been kind to MacBaren coconut. It might depend upon your needs. I commute hours to an office in New York City -- and after many years of carrying stale-tobacco odor in my clothes, especially into work, I'm tired of getting "the look".

In a crowded place, with strict smoking rules and a populace very conscious of tobacco smoke in the air -- I've been searching for something that will blend into the background. And if this is your sort of problem -- has the wife been complaining about that odor in the garage? -- MB Coconut is worth a try. It won't win prizes. It won't cover up the cheap perfume you're bringing home from the Pink Pussycat Club. But that's the point. It burns quite smooth and easily, yields a light smoke that dissipates easily in the air, and doesn't leave me hoping that's someone else's breath I smell in the elevator. No problems lighting it, or keeping it lit. It produces a fairly dry bowl all the way to the bottom, and as long as you're not huffing it the bite is pretty mellow.

It's not my favorite, and I doubt that it ever will be. But it makes my life more pleasant in those crowded places -- and isn't a pleasant feeling what we expect from a smoke?

DUPE.1512 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Very Mild Mild Very Mild Unnoticeable

Blevins review pretty much covers this tobacco. Tropical fruit and tobacco should be kept seperated.

Zone Smoke Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Zone Smoke (199)
Extremely Mild Extremely Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Unnoticeable

This is one Mac Barens blend that has absolutely nothing to offer outside of some tongue bite. No flavor, no room note, nothing. One of the most worthless blends I've ever smoked.

Very Mild Medium Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

This wasn't to bad even though I normally don't smoke tropical fruits. It burned well although it had a bit of a nip. In a corn cob, the coconut flavoring completely evaporated after lighting. I could smell it but I sure couldn't taste it. I'm not sure this is a bad thing. It wouldn't be bad for puttering around the yard, although all day consumption might wear out your tongue.