Toasted Cavendish once again forms the mellowing flavor of this blend, but now a blend of Burley add a robust zing and a hint of cherry, just the right amount of sweetness.

BrandLane Limited

Comment = Smooth, Mild, light Cherry Flavor, just a little Bitter

Tplumm Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tplumm (21)
Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

I guess my batch was made by Arango Pipes and Cigars which is now owned by Cigars International... Not sure how this measures up to the original TK-6 but I enjoy this blend. I've tried several cherry blends and to no avail, this is the first one to get it right. you do get the flavor in the smoke, which in my mind is the true test of a good aromatic.

05Venturer Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
05Venturer (3)

Just finished my 1st bowl of TK-6 and I really liked it. Not goopy at all, smoked great right out of the bag I received it in. Smoked the full bowl with only 1 relight and the taste and room note was great.

ColonelStJames Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ColonelStJames (14)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant

I smoke Lane Limited's 1-Q as my daily tobacco, and have no desire to change that. However, I was in the market for a tobacco I could go to whenever I wanted something different without leaving the realm of aromatics. This website got me interested, so I stopped by my B&M and picked up an ounce to try (they call it Take Six). I couldn't be happier! It's not going to replace 1-Q, but the burley makes it just different enough to be a nice substitute. Easy to pack, light and smoke, and the room note is very nice. I don't get the cherry, but there is certainly some kind of fruit in the pouch note. Doesn't bite at all. Give it a try!

Sunday Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Sunday (13)
Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

I would say this is one of the better bulk cherry Burley Cavendish blends out there, a little sour on the after taste towards the end of the bowl but still quite tasty.

Kribbage Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Kribbage (8)
Mild Mild Very Mild Pleasant

I used to really like this blend, but recently, it has developed a "soapy taste". This is a real shame, because it was THE ONLY CHERRY FLAVORED TOBACCO I WOULD TOUCH!!!!!!!! Not any more. LANE!!!!!!!! WAKE UP !!!!!! IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!!!!!!!!!

430pat Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
430pat (39)

Nice tobacco smells great smokes easy will keep it around. I smoke it on occasion for the aroma.

Blue Bayou Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Blue Bayou (59)
Mild Medium Mild Pleasant

Sticky, goopy, fruity...but a bit too heavy on the cherry flavoring.

graygeek Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
graygeek (10)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

This right now is my everyday tobacco. Just the right amount of cherry, and a really nice blend. I don't smoke fancy, expensive pipes, and this performs with absolutely no tongue bite. Room note is very pleasant, and I've had really nice comments about it from as far as 30 feet away. If you like ARO that isn't goopy, and is just straight forward, give this a try.

smokey Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
smokey (120)
Mild to Medium Medium Mild Pleasant

I got TK-6 as part of a sampler pack I ordered from Lil' Brown several years ago. It came in a thin baggie and I tossed it in a large Tupperware container I use for samples. In subsequent years I would occasionally pull it out and smoke a bowl while marveling at how much moisture it had retained.

The big problems I find with this tobacco is that it is hard to light and keep lit and there just isn't enough cherry flavor to suit me, even when it was new. I love all types of blends if they are good ones and, unfortunately, this isn't one of them. I want my aros to taste like aros, my burley to taste like burley, and my English blends like English.

It does have a good price if you can still find it.

Scores for TK-6: flavor- 10 of 20; lighting and burn- 3 of 10; value- 7 of 10. 20 points equals a ** rating for TK-6.

Harleykop Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Harleykop (3)

When I heard that Lane had discontinued TK6 I searched the Internet to see if any was still available. Found it at pipesandcigars.com and ordered a hefty stock. TK6 is like an old friend, the tobacco by which I judge others.

Hopefully Lane Limited will reconsider and continue blending TK6. In the meantime I'd suggest you stock up now while it's still available. I wonder if pipe tobacco freezes well......

Fellow traveler Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Fellow traveler (64)

And another one bites, and another one bites, another one bites the dust.

In loving memory of TK-6, gone but not forgotten.

Still listed at pipes and cigars as of 4/13/2010, gone everywhere else. Nice tasting primarily black cavendish blend with a mild cherry flavoring. I dried it out for a few days prior to smoking it and used a cob because it will ghost a brier. I found it better than Middletons cherry blend but will not buy it again.

TK-6 is no longer made by Lane but it is the original Lane recipe made by Arrango. P&C markets it under the Lane brand.

carocaniac Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
carocaniac (2)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Great tobacco but discontinued by Lane, it's a shame - hold on to a stash if you can...

Highstump Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Highstump (6)

The truth is that I have never been a big fan of aromatic tobaccos. TK-6 is one of two exceptions, the other being Hartwell?s ?Evening Stroll?.

Lawdog put me onto this tobacco a couple of years ago and while I don?t smoke it often (maybe once a week) I always have some in the larder. The only time this tobacco has caused me any grief was on the initial light and that trouble was of my own making. I tend to draw a bit hard and fast on the first light. You would think I had learned something after 30 odd years with a pipe.

TK-6 is not for cherry flavor fanatics. This tobacco just does not work that way. It smells of cherry in the jar but while smoking, the cherry only comes through occasionally as a subtle reminder. To my way of thinking that?s just what a flavoring is supposed to do for tobacco. I like this later in the evening with a cup of tea.

BTW, since I started this with the statement that I am not an aromatic tobacco fan I should say that my rating of TK-6 is compared to other aromatic tobaccos I have tried.

EAL Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
EAL (36)

Four stars among its sibling aromatics, three stars among tobacco blends in general. This is a perfectly well behaved cherry flavored aromatic with a nice balance between its tobacco base and pleasant flavoring. One's of Lane's best products.

tim_up_north Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
tim_up_north (7)
Very Mild Extremely Mild Mild Pleasant

A never ending search for a good cherry aromatic led me to this blend.

If there is any cherry flavouring to it...I'm just not picking it up. I'd be hard pressed to even say it had any cherry flavour.

However,

This blend is non offensive on all fronts. I would highly recommend it as a new smokers first step. Very dry smoking, gentle, pleasant aroma, absolutely no bite. You can't go wrong with this one as a newbie. It's a lamb of an aromatic.

Longtime pipers may find this a good 'light' smoke for those times of the day when heavier blends have taken their toll.

For cherry lovers and Lanes fans, go with Very Cherry for a substantially more pronounced flavour and very similar smoking qualities.

CTPiper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CTPiper (8)
Very Mild Mild Mild Very Pleasant

An excellent cherry tobacco! Better than their Very Cherry. Burns well and you can really taste the cherry with no tongue bite at all. Can easily be smoked all day. Better even than G&H Top Black Cherry. One of the best aromatics around.

The Irish Apologist Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
The Irish Apologist (5)

What can be said that has not already been said?

I would venture that TK6 is like an old friend and a never-fail "go to" blend.

Many Cherry blends end the career of many a would-be pipe smokers however this delightful mixture redeems all those horrible syrup concoctions...

bl Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
bl (8)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

TK-6 is my all-time favorite aromatic. It lights easily, burns very nicely all the way to the bottom of the bowl with no wet dottle, and always smokes cool. The room note is great, and reminds me of roasting marshmallows. You can actually taste some tobacco underneath the flavoring, and it is not like any other cherry blend I've smoked.

lawdog135 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
lawdog135 (3)
Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

This is my "go to" tobacco. I have been smoking TK6 for years and it is the best cherry blend on the market today. It has a great room note and no complaints from the wife.

The tobacco is a great all day blend and for the most part I do smoke it all day. Morning with coffee and evening with coffee are my favorite times.

The tobacco has a great tobacco flavor with the cherry checking in when you least expect it. Not overpowering just present. Not goopy as a lot of other cherry blends and smokes all the way to the bottom with great taste. It reminds me of a light cherry smash with coke.

If you are looking for a great all day blend with a pleasant room note for others this is your blend. I buy it by the pound and always have it around.

traveler Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
traveler (40)
Extremely Mild Mild to Medium Mild Pleasant

It's been along time since I smoked anything that tasted of cherry-- and liked it. Until I tried TK-6, that is.

This is a terrific contrast to the usual sweet, vanilla or honey aromatic. The tobacco is a dry, natural black cavendish with just a little tartness and cherry flavoring. Very mild to smoke yet very pleasant and refreshing. Perfect at the end of the day if your tongue complains of one too many bowls of stronger fare.

Mild to Medium Mild Mild Pleasant

The best cherry blend. I have tried most of them. Non-goopy, burns longer than most, tastes like tobacco, smells even better. As usual, don't puff too hard. Three and a half stars as an Aromatic, two stars in my rotation.