BrandGawith, Hoggarth & Co.
FlavoringCaramel, Cherry
Packaging25g/50g Pouch
Mild to Medium, Medium, Medium to Strong
Very Full
Mild to Medium Medium Very Full Pleasant

I loved the description of this so approached it with excitement and it more than met my expectations ! The cherry/caramel give this an amazing pre-light aroma and as it is quite roughly cut it looks fabulous . A real nice moisture content to it also . Once lit I instantaneously got a great cherry flavour which is more indomitable than the caramel as that is more gentle in the background but I found it to be a "just right" balance for this tobacco . It does not bite me and the smoke has an incredibly deep flavour to it and the Cavendish/Burleys/Virginias are not overpowered by the aromatic side of it . A pleasant amount of nicotine for me (but that's subjective) . Would make a great "entry" aromatic as it is not too heavy or false tasting and as well as enjoying the aromatic side you can still get the tobacco taste in it . More than worth a try .

Pipe Used: Butz Coquin Calabash

Purchased From: Smoke King

kadjaowr Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
kadjaowr (1)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Full Pleasant

Im smokers with not to big experience(15y). I've tried a lot of tobacco aroma, English type, classic. My opinion this tobacco is very very mild and smooth for me is like ambrosia. This aroma, and behaves as tobacco by big letter T. This is a wonderful tobacco to be produced as long as possible. It is a pity that in Poland you can not buy it in bulk only in a tin 50g. And if you will hide it in a jar and leave for 3-6 months is even better. Great nod to toward blenders Gawith Hoggarth. This tobacco you have to try.

Pipe Used: Sigmund, Vauen, Savinelli & others

Purchased From:

THROATHIT Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant

A smell you wont forget once sniffed..

A black tobacco in the most part with some lighter brown leaf to break it up and help the burn. The smell is one of a kind, sweet but not sickly muted cherry and a rich caramel sauce. You will want to take a bite of this just to see if it tastes as good as it smells. A messy cut with bits of broken flake. The topping is heavy in substance and the leaf is tacky. My test tobacco needed a little drying time. I like the microwave and a sheet of plain paper if I'm in a rush. Short high burst and let it cool and evaporate. Take it easy though and yes this is not for the purists.

lighting takes a little heat as the tobacco is weighty in nature. The initial lights bring a taste just like the un lit smell and this is always a good start. The cherry is obvious, not sweet or sour more maraschino with some floral edge. So far not cloying or drug store at all. Once things were up to temperature and free burning the smoke was refreshing, smooth and somewhat creamy the caramel was if showing a condiment at this early stage. The idea I was smoking tobacco at all was far from my mind apart from the mild dose of nicotine.

As the tobacco shrunk a lot I tamped it and perhaps this was indication I had failed to dry it sufficiently. This may account for the warm burn I was getting. Not scorching hot but needed sipping to prevent some flavour loss. Approaching mid pipe the tobacco shows through a little and a woodsy peppery spice is evident. Cherry topping has subsided somewhat and things get a little to chemically tasting for my liking and is heading down the road to bitter. This is one of the better cherry tobaccos I have smoked but not perfect.

Pipe Used: stefano exclusive briar