This delicious blend is a mixture of six tobaccos, three distinctly different Chocolate Toppings, a bit of Coconut, Almond, and a hint of Brandy.

Manufactured BySutliff
Taste
FrozenChurchwarden Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
FrozenChurchwarden (4)
Mild Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Initial Impressions: Probably about average as aromatics go. 1Q and Frosty Mint being my other two aro experiences, I can say this is not strong, but a hint of chocolate flavour does come through in the smoke so it doesn't fall flat either. Otherwise it's just a nice light easy burning tobacco.

Update: Having smoked over 40 blends now I gave this a second go. This time it was in a much bigger pipe and my packing technique is better, so that may have helped. While still not the sweetest, it definitely gives some good flavour at the start of each bowl. It's still a middle of the road aromatic but I liked it much more this time.

Update 2014-7-27: After my last few bowls were fairly enjoyable I decided to bump it up a star.

Bbrown626 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bbrown626 (56)
Very Mild Mild Mild Pleasant

I have been trying to find a solid chocolate tobacco to add to the rotation. After about 5 attempts, Chocolate Truffle wins the prize! Plesant pouch and room note, no bite and no bitter taste at the bottom of the bowl that seems to be prevalent with chocolate blends. No at the top of my list overall, but well worth keeping around for a change of pace.

Purchased From: pipes and cigars

Bassrep Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bassrep (25)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

Upon opening, the chocolate smells good enough to just start chewing on the stuff. I really enjoyed their Molto Dulce and was looking forward to trying some of the other Sutliff blends. I LOVE this tobacco. I brought it along on a fly fishing trip in ID a few weeks back, when I would light up, everyone was coveting my pipe and Chocolate Truffle tobacco. Mild and mellow. No bite. After the pre-light and maybe 1 touchup it burned nicely.

Pipe Used: Brog

Similar Blends: Molto Dulce.

Stinkypipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Stinkypipe (144)
Medium Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

I have tried many chocolate blends and almost all of them have been a disappointment one way or another. Just no taste, taste but was a burnt flavor, tasted more like coffee than chocolate. Well those days seem to be over. Sutliff seems to have hit on a perfect blend to give me what I am looking for. The opening note is nice milk chocolate aroma but not overwhelming. Lights up so easy and the taste starts coming in immediately. I get that nice smoky chocolate taste with a little something I can only expect is truffles but since I have never tasted them, at least to my knowledge my tastes buds say buttery sweet hay. Good huh! The room note is a light chocolate smell but very light. You also get some good tobacco flavor which I really appreciate. Will burn a bit hot but if you keep it slow you will have no problems. This to me, ranks right up there with some of my most favorite aromatics and the best chocolate aro I have had the pleasure to smoke.

Pipe Used: Joh Dublin/ Boswell freehand

Age When Smoked: Couple weeks old. Left to dry

Purchased From: Smoking pipes

crapgame1967 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
crapgame1967 (34)

Very nice!!! Great chocolate flavor that never quits or gets too strong! Not my everyday blend but will find a spot in my rotation! I find this a great start to my morning when hot choco and sticky buns are for breakfast!

Pipe Used: no name english basket

Purchased From: P/C online

TwelveAMnTX Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TwelveAMnTX (27)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

Chocolate Truffle is another Sutliff tobacco that was recommended to me when I first starting piping. I'm glad I waited to try this until I got better at smoking slower, so I could enjoy it.

When the tobacco 1st arrived, it was fairly moist & sticky to the touch out of the ziploc bag. It has gotten a little better with a few months in a mason jar, still a little moist, but not as sticky. The aroma from the jar is a light & creamy chocolate, that is pure bliss to the nose. The taste is mellow, a really nice chocolate, not intense just the right amount of flavor. I get a hint of other flavors, but they don't jump out at you. The flavor stays consistent throughout the bowl. It's like smoking a cup of hot chocolate or a chocolate eclair.

The pipe needs to be packed a bit on the loose side, it seems to stay lit & smoke better that way. It can get bitey if you smoke a little fast, but at a slow pace it's just fine. If it's a little moist, drying it a bit helps, but I still have a couple relights. I usually end up with some moisture & dottle at the bottom of the bowl.

Overall, it's a real good chocolate aromatic, that tastes like it smells. It is a whole lot better than the couple others I have tried. I don't think it's an every day smoke for me, but it's a nice treat when I'm in the mood!

Pipe Used: MM cobs & hardwoods

Age When Smoked: fresh to a few months in the jar

Purchased From: smokingpipes

manxman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
manxman (54)
Mild Very Mild Mild Very Pleasant

No nicotine or tongue bite. Pleasant room notes. Mild chocolate flavoring. Slight gurgle. Bystander approved. Ready to smoke out of the bag. Okay stuff, but I probably won't buy more. Pretty good about staying lit.

Pipe Used: Hanseatic Fantasy Freehand