Notes: Features fine leaves of the hibiscus bloom.

BrandPetersen & Sorensen
FlavoringCognac
Packaging50g/80g Tin
Strength
Taste
tntrush Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
tntrush (3)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

Round taste, great cognac aroma, you can hear the hibiscus leaves burn while smoking without any tongue biting, in my case.

Opening the tin feels like opening a Remy Martin V.S.O.P. The tobacco inside gives the impression that is ready to be smoked ... on a waterpipe! Its feeling of humidity is very strange, indeed.

Loading the pipe and lighting it, is just a pleasant surprise ... for everybody in the room!

I have tried a couple of aromatic tobaccos. Most of them were full of chemical ingredients that made me throw them away with disgust.

Some of them (Reiner Yellow, Sillem's - Copenhagen Blend, A & C Petersen - Caledonian Melange No.10 Highland Cream) although of excellent quality, they had the same harsh feeling on the throat for a few hours after my daily bowl.

Kolibri was the outsider that surprised me the most. Round taste, no bite at all, and a feeling of cleanliness in my mouth after smoking. The tobacco does not leave any trace of existence after a few minutes the smoking has ended.

I will keep searching for aromatic tobaccos, but this one for sure made a difference and has a place in my cellar.

I have just opened my second box of Kolibri.

It is in a new tin box of 80grams and the tobacco's moisture is not different from what you expect of a great quality pipe tobacco. Seems that my first box had a lucky coin isnide!

Pipe Used: Briar Pipe

Age When Smoked: Off the tin, up to three months in a jar.

Purchased From: http://www.pipe-shop.net