Notes: Features fine leaves of the hibiscus bloom.

BrandPetersen & Sorensen
FlavoringCognac
Packaging50g/80g Tin
Strength
Very Mild, Medium
Taste
Mild, Medium
Unnoticeable, Pleasant
tntrush Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
tntrush (3)

Round taste, great cognac aroma, you can hear the hibiscus leaves burn while smoking without any tongue biting, in my case.

Opening the tin feels like opening a Remy Martin V.S.O.P. The tobacco inside gives the impression that is ready to be smoked ... on a waterpipe! Its feeling of humidity is very strange, indeed.

Loading the pipe and lighting it, is just a pleasant surprise ... for everybody in the room!

I have tried a couple of aromatic tobaccos. Most of them were full of chemical ingredients that made me throw them away with disgust.

Some of them (Reiner Yellow, Sillem's - Copenhagen Blend, A & C Petersen - Caledonian Melange No.10 Highland Cream) although of excellent quality, they had the same harsh feeling on the throat for a few hours after my daily bowl.

Kolibri was the outsider that surprised me the most. Round taste, no bite at all, and a feeling of cleanliness in my mouth after smoking. The tobacco does not leave any trace of existence after a few minutes the smoking has ended.

I will keep searching for aromatic tobaccos, but this one for sure made a difference and has a place in my cellar.

I have just opened my second box of Kolibri.

It is in a new tin box of 80grams. I found it different than the 50gram box and I am quite disappointed at it. I adjusted my rating accordingly and I will report back when I bump on a third box -if ever.

Pipe Used: Briar Pipe

Age When Smoked: Off the tin, up to three months in a jar.

Purchased From: http://www.pipe-shop.net

cigarcohiba Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
cigarcohiba (24)
Mild Very Mild Mild Unnoticeable

A very nice tobacco. Light, easy smoke. Perhaps an all day smoke. Had a hard time to detect its body, smoke characteristics. Could not understand if it was an aromatic or not. Felt like smoking "neutral" tobacco.