Midnight Gold is a lightly sweet blend of mellow Burley with a special black Cavendish, finished with a smooth confectionery flavor and an aroma that's warm and comforting. It smokes remarkable cool and is virtually bite-free. This is an all-day type of tobacco.

BrandCaptain Black
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Burley
FlavoringCocoa / Chocolate, Other / Misc
Strength
Taste
Medium, Medium to Full
ChapperralTobacconist Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ChapperralTobacconist (3)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

Satisfying mixture of tobacco flavor and aromatic room note. Disagree with the description on the tin label--This is not a Balkan mixture hybrid, because the addition of latakia does not constitute Balkan. Show me the Orientals--then we will talk Balkan! The Dark Kentucky nicotine kick was nice, the mixture eye appeal was nice, the tin note nice. True flavor with aromatic twist. Good stuff.

Pipe Used: New Savinelli Punto Oro Corallo Bulldog

Age When Smoked: New tin

Purchased From: Laudisi

Similar Blends: This tobacco mixture has some dark Kentucky Burley, that reminds me it's like Mac Barren Mixture with a touch of latakia, and some black cavendish..

Travelingmanwv Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Travelingmanwv (3)
Mild Medium Medium Pleasant

Received as a gift from the owner of http://www.wvsmokeshop.com. He wanted me to try it, so we enjoyed a pipe together. IMO it's a Very mellow blend with a pleasant room note. Aromatic hybrid...must say IMO this tobacco is a joy to smoke. Two non smokers said, "that smells really good." Just after I had lit the pipe. As I continue smoking this mixture it's evident that it's flavorful, and I think the variety of flavors are complex. I typically prefer a Virginia or an English blend, but for a mild all day smoke this blend has the perfect amount of Latakia. Certainly will keep the " a Black Sea" in my rotation.

Pipe Used: Grabow Golden Duke