Handsome looking tin with a picture of what looks like the Shenandoah Valley

BrandOle Shenandoah
Very Pleasant, Pleasant

mnadz Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
mnadz (60)
Very Mild Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

New favorite aromatic. Not usually aromatic fan, and when I smoke one I want to know I am smoking one. This is by far the best aromatic I have tried in both flavor and room note. The best way I can describe this is it is a clean smoke. Zero tongue bite, smooth, tastes, and a whole yard of BBQ attendees (some anti-smoking) all commented how wonderful it smelled. I was a bit hesitant to write a review so as to always have a plentiful supply, but I want others to enjoy it.

Got a good deal from P & C, 3 tins for $11 and some change. Tin note mostly chocolate and some vanilla, similar to CB Dark but with an alcohol essence added. Packed and lit well and there was no bite or moisture - all good smoking qualities. Not much in the way of taste for me in either the toppings or tobacco flavor. Although there was some moisture while smoking, perhaps letting this dry out to just before crispy will bring out some flavor. Typical chemical taste that was off putting; an unfortunate characteristic of Lane aromatics. Good for beginners to learn the nuances of the hobby without frying the tongue, but unless my drying experiment can ramp up the flavor profile, I'll have to hold at 2 stars.

Pipe Used: Butx Choquin meer lined briar

Age When Smoked: Fresh from tin

Similar Blends: Capt Black Dark.