BrandLane Limited
3.4
dokuhebi Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
dokuhebi (3)
Extremely Mild Medium Mild Pleasant

It's been a while since I've put a mild aromatic into my pipe, and I have to admit my palate is a bit out of practice. My first impression is a sweet flavor with hints of cinnamon or nutmeg, as though I caught the gingerbread man and shoved him into my pipe.

I should have read the other reviews before opening the tin, since this is clearly not a summer smoke. While the smoke itself is very mild, every element hints at winter, fireplaces, warm blankets, and carolers. All things inappropriate for 80 degree weather in June. I closed the tin and labeled it, "Do not open until Christmas." When the yuletide comes around, I may be able to give this tobacco the review it deserves.

Pipe Used: Savinelli

Mark O Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Mark O (6)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I'm on my second tin of 76 and, thus far, am well satisfied with this blend. It has a pleasant tin aroma which is a combination of raisins and brown sugar. When I read this was a Lane product, I was skeptical that 76 would be a sticky, overly flavored tobacco that left dottle and would not burn or burned too hot....happy to report, I was wrong. 76 has just the right amount of moisture, packs great, lights easily, burns fairly cool and stays lit. It requires little attention and produces a heavy, thick smoke with a sweet room note. This is easily and all day smoke that will leave you hands free to perform other tasks. You can sit your pipe down and come back after a minute and it's still there, ready to go. I would have to say, this is fast becoming my favorite aromatic.....

Pipe Used: Peterson Kilarney

Hanzy4200 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Hanzy4200 (12)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

A great aromatic, all things considered. The first thing that entered my mind after lighting the first bowl, was Boswells Christmas Cookie. I immediately questioned whether this was simply because I smoked a fair bit of CC through this pipe prior to this. I then packed another bowl in a different pipe. Yup, still Christmas Cookie. There is a slight difference, but it is marginal. It honestly seems as if someone attempted to copy J.M. Boswells recipe and got it about 85% correct. I still favor the "original", but for those not local to Boswells this would present a good budget minded substitute. Lot's of sweet notes of vanilla, a bit of chocolate here and there, and a touch of liquor, maybe rum.

Overall, I would consider this likely the best tinned aromatic I've had. At the price I paid for it, about $4.50 a tin, my only regret is not buying 8-10 of them.

Pipe Used: MM Country Gentleman

Purchased From: P&C

Similar Blends: Boswells Christmas Cookie.

moonman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
moonman (1)
Mild Extremely Mild Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

This blend was fairly new to me. It had a nice aroma when opening the tin. Very little moisture and was just about right. Easy to pack and stayed lite after the first charring light. I packed a good sized bowl and it burned evenly through the entire bowl with no dottle in the bottom. Produced a nice rich thick smoke. A nice blend of Burley and Cavendish with no bite. Reminds me somewhat of Sutliff Molto Dolce but in a milder form when smoked. Would be a great starter blend for someone new to pipe smoking. Plan to smoke it regularly. Also thought it was reasonably priced.

Pipe Used: Savinelli Bent Bob

Purchased From: P&C

Similar Blends: Sutliff Molto Dolce.

Ethan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Ethan (34)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant

I purchased a few tins of this because it sounded like it was worth a try and the price was right. Overall it's not bad, has a pretty good choc/vanilla flavor that lasts through to the end. It burns good right out of the tin without drying. Its mild on the nicotine so enjoy a big bowl if you wish. Not really any doddle at the bottom at all, doesn't gunk up your pipe and most importantly no bite! This is a great aro for someone starting out for sure, and an all day smoke for the more experienced.

Pipe Used: Savinelli 320 KS