BrandLane Limited
2.9
Mark O Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Mark O (6)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I'm on my second tin of 76 and, thus far, am well satisfied with this blend. It has a pleasant tin aroma which is a combination of raisins and brown sugar. When I read this was a Lane product, I was skeptical that 76 would be a sticky, overly flavored tobacco that left dottle and would not burn or burned too hot....happy to report, I was wrong. 76 has just the right amount of moisture, packs great, lights easily, burns fairly cool and stays lit. It requires little attention and produces a heavy, thick smoke with a sweet room note. This is easily and all day smoke that will leave you hands free to perform other tasks. You can sit your pipe down and come back after a minute and it's still there, ready to go. I would have to say, this is fast becoming my favorite aromatic.....

Pipe Used: Peterson Kilarney

dokuhebi Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
dokuhebi (3)
Extremely Mild Medium Mild Pleasant

It's been a while since I've put a mild aromatic into my pipe, and I have to admit my palate is a bit out of practice. My first impression is a sweet flavor with hints of cinnamon or nutmeg, as though I caught the gingerbread man and shoved him into my pipe.

I should have read the other reviews before opening the tin, since this is clearly not a summer smoke. While the smoke itself is very mild, every element hints at winter, fireplaces, warm blankets, and carolers. All things inappropriate for 80 degree weather in June. I closed the tin and labeled it, "Do not open until Christmas." When the yuletide comes around, I may be able to give this tobacco the review it deserves.

Pipe Used: Savinelli

Hanzy4200 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Hanzy4200 (12)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

A great aromatic, all things considered. The first thing that entered my mind after lighting the first bowl, was Boswells Christmas Cookie. I immediately questioned whether this was simply because I smoked a fair bit of CC through this pipe prior to this. I then packed another bowl in a different pipe. Yup, still Christmas Cookie. There is a slight difference, but it is marginal. It honestly seems as if someone attempted to copy J.M. Boswells recipe and got it about 85% correct. I still favor the "original", but for those not local to Boswells this would present a good budget minded substitute. Lot's of sweet notes of vanilla, a bit of chocolate here and there, and a touch of liquor, maybe rum.

Overall, I would consider this likely the best tinned aromatic I've had. At the price I paid for it, about $4.50 a tin, my only regret is not buying 8-10 of them.

Pipe Used: MM Country Gentleman

Purchased From: P&C

Similar Blends: Boswells Christmas Cookie.

moonman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
moonman (1)
Mild Extremely Mild Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

This blend was fairly new to me. It had a nice aroma when opening the tin. Very little moisture and was just about right. Easy to pack and stayed lite after the first charring light. I packed a good sized bowl and it burned evenly through the entire bowl with no dottle in the bottom. Produced a nice rich thick smoke. A nice blend of Burley and Cavendish with no bite. Reminds me somewhat of Sutliff Molto Dolce but in a milder form when smoked. Would be a great starter blend for someone new to pipe smoking. Plan to smoke it regularly. Also thought it was reasonably priced.

Pipe Used: Savinelli Bent Bob

Purchased From: P&C

Similar Blends: Sutliff Molto Dolce.

Ethan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Ethan (34)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant

I purchased a few tins of this because it sounded like it was worth a try and the price was right. Overall it's not bad, has a pretty good choc/vanilla flavor that lasts through to the end. It burns good right out of the tin without drying. Its mild on the nicotine so enjoy a big bowl if you wish. Not really any doddle at the bottom at all, doesn't gunk up your pipe and most importantly no bite! This is a great aro for someone starting out for sure, and an all day smoke for the more experienced.

Pipe Used: Savinelli 320 KS

Age When Smoked: new, just opened

Purchased From: www.pipesandcigars.com

Extremely Mild Mild to Medium Very Mild Very Pleasant

The black cavendish has a vanilla flavor. The burleys are lightly nutty and toasty, but rather dull. The cocoa and vanilla toppings cover up the tobacco taste, but they have a thin taste to them; not unpleasant, but not very compelling either. The brown sugar notes were faint. Burns well and cool with no bite and just a little moisture in the bowl.

Bbrown626 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bbrown626 (15)

Lit this up for the first time while working in my cold home office on a snowy day. I opened the tin and found a pleasant vanilla scent. It had just enough moisture, not at all wet out goopy. The tobacco burn easily to a nice white ash. Unlike so many other vanilla-based aero's there was no bite at all. Taste was consistant to the end. Overall a very comforting smoke

Pipe Used: peterson standard system

Purchased From: pipes and cigars.com

LZ639 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
LZ639 (23)

If you enjoy spending $6.99 fit 1.75 ounces of Butternut Burley, then have at it because it's exactly what this is. Did no one else notice the tin description is exactly the same as the one Scott Bendett used for his blend, Butternut Burley, on the pipesandcigars website prior to selling the company to Cigars International? The only difference is that Lane tins it and pipesandcigars.com sells it.

+ 4stars for taste. - 3 stars for chicanery

I guess there really is a sucker born every minute.

Pipe Used: Meerschaum

Appalachian Chef Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Appalachian Chef (34)

Not bad! I purchased this on a whim and was pleasantly surprised. A very mild casing gives the tobacco the center stage. Great for the price. I have reordered once and plan to cellar the next tin. I'll update when it has aged. Not going into a regular rotation, but will revisit, often.

Pipe Used: Falcon Genoa