As a rich and cool tobacco with a room note to please those who don't like Latakia or Kentucky, they are pungent when burning! Built on a foundation of rum soaked brown twist, with some sweet Gold and Black Cavendish to tone the blend down a little. This tobacco burns slowly and works well in a large bowl and smokes very cool with a good dose of Vitamin N (Nicotine). The use of Honey and Spices, along with the Rum makes for a sweet aroma that pleases most.

Notes: Rum and Honey was a personal blend of Glynn's he made years ago as a tobacco which smells nice, but isn't just hot air. "An aromatic with balls" -- Glynn's one line on this one.

BrandGQ Tobaccos
Blended ByGlynn Quelch
Manufactured ByGlynn Quelch
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Virginia
FlavoringHoney, Rum
CutMixture
Strength
None Detected, Very Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium
Taste
Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium, Medium to Full
Dai Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Dai (2)
Medium None Detected Mild to Medium Pleasant

I've been smoking rum and honey for a few months now and thoroughly enjoy it. Not a heavy smoke more in the medium of taste and flavour, could be a good all day smoke for some. Although it says it's cased with rum and honey I didn't taste either while smoking it but, don't be put off by that it's quite a smooth creamy type of smoke not over powering at all. when smelling the pouch I get a chocolatee smell which I find very pleasing but, no chocolate in the taste department. If you are looking for an aromatic that is not goopy and passes for an all day smoke give this a try I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Just as an update this stuff is wonderful I've had chance to smoke quite a bit more of this and it's becoming one of my favorite aromatics not a strong over powering taste somewhere in the middle but boy does it taste good. It has a good nicotine kick to it, if that's your thing you won't be disappointed.

Pipe Used: various cobs

Purchased From: http://www.gqtobaccos.com/pipe-tobaccos/house-hand-boutique-blended/gq-blends-rum-honey/

Granny Smith Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Granny Smith (21)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I like this tobacco but I'm not sure if it's a true aromatic - at least as I know aromatics. My partner tells me the room note is quite pleasing but not really distinctive in the sense that something like Clan is distinctive, and of course while smoking the stuff I can't really pick up on the room note myself. The tobaccos listed in the menu are virginia, cavendish and burley. I think of both Virginia and Burley as smooth, often bland tobaccos so maybe it is the cavendish that gives this its interesting spiceyness. There's none of that artifical chemical taste that ruins many aromatics here and the smoke is quite delicious. Out of the pouch I could smell the rum but also raisins, reminding me of the aroma of a good old school Christmas cake.

It's that tastes out of the bowl that count though and I was drawing good cool smoke from the bowl, through the stem and into my mouth. When I sat back, closed my eyes and concentrated on nothing but the smoke I was getting a richness, sweet not gloopy and nuanced enough to play with my taste buds. It smokes well, is neither too moist nor too dry and the ribbon cut packs easily into the pipe.The smoke is creamy and feels substantial on the tongue. Quite delicious. I went through an ounce of this in two days and as aros go it is a good one, and highly recommended.

Pipe Used: Peterson standard system

Purchased From: GQ Tobacco

Medium to Strong Medium Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable

GQ Tobaccos-Rum & Honey. On the contrary to popular opinion I actually find the topping to be more than easy to notice. Straight from the pouch it smells like a full aromatic, being sweet and rummy. It's a very dark mix that does need time to dry some, it's not really wet but still a tad too much to smoke imminently from the pouch. With the taste, again, my opinion differs to the popular one! I find the aromatics come through with a fair bit of force. My biggest gripe is the temperature of the smoke, oh boy, it's far too warm for me. Nicotine? It's of a good amount, pretty strong but not too much. I find the flavour is consistent throughout, it doesn't fluctuate but stays at the same quantity. If this were to be marked solely on flavour it could possibly get four stars but sadly due to the temperature I can only award it two.

Pipe Used: Erik Nording

Purchased From: G.Q Tobaccos

KAJ Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
KAJ (6)
Mild to Medium Very Mild Mild Pleasant

Pouch note is delicious, sweet & fruity. Tobacco is nicely cut, perfect moisture level, packs & lights easily. Taste is very subtle, mild nicotine hit, burns well. A sublime blend perfect for an introduction to aromatics, not at all wet & gloopy, a great all-day smoke.

Pipe Used: MM Cob