Custom Blend No1, we take no credit over the creation of the blend, we have tweaked it a little and that’s all. Originally created by a customer, this is a blend of fine Lakeland and aromatic tobaccos with a good helping of Perique. It is sweet, creamy, spicy, earthy and very, very delicious. Virginia, Black Cavendish, Kentucky, Perique and some Cuban cigar leaf makes this a unique tobacco. The addition of Caramel, Coconut and classic Lakeland floral flavours. Mouth watering from start to finish, we love this stuff and just had to make this stunning mixture.

BrandGQ Tobaccos
FlavoringFloral Essences, Nuts / Beans, Other / Misc
CutMixture
Strength
Medium, Medium to Strong
Taste
Full
3.8
brian stephen Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
brian stephen (7)
Medium to Strong Medium to Strong Full Pleasant

This is one of the strangest blends I've ever encountered. The pouch note is dominated by a vanilla/coconut-y scent that made me think this is just what I DIDN'T want. After the first match, I realized I was wrong. CN does indeed have the ever popular vanilla/coconut flavourings, but after the first puff I was hit with a floral sweetness that worked amazingly well with the afore mentioned flavourings. Ribbons, broken flake, and small chopped pieces of cigar leaf make the blend visually attractive. As for the taste, well, CN is like a bull in the china shop of aromatic tobaccos. Full, flavourful, and potent, this will satisfy the craving while pleasing those around you. A very pleasing, complex blend that I'd smoke all the day long were it readily available here. Highest recommendation for those who love full aromatic/scented tobaccos. Very well done Glynn.

ScannerDarkly7 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ScannerDarkly7 (6)
Medium Mild Overwhelming Tolerable to Strong

Just looking at the blend and its mixture, it's hard to remember what exactly is in it [you've read the description, right?!], but for me, it's the addition of visible cigar leaf that shines through.

As I smoke this now, yes, I get the Lakeland tastes, and the perique is definitely there, enhanced and complimented by the cigar leaf. There is a sweetness in this tobacco [I pick up Clementine/orangey citrus as the last/aftertaste], but it's a sweet spiceyness, which after puffing for a while, will turn into a creamy taste. I can understand how perique can give the spice, but it must be the carefully crafted cavendish and virginia, subtly flavoured with aromatic gorgeousness that add the sweetness. It's all perfectly balanced enough to provide a uniform taste, but there is everything under the sun also to be found here, and which you'll find with every bowl.

As I novice to pipe smoking, I feel I am unable to distinctly appreciate the overhwhelming types of tobacco/flavours in this blend, I just know that such a bombardment on complexity like this somehow managed to still have a wonderfully gorgeous taste throughout, showing how expertly and carefully blended this is. There is quite simply something for everyone in this blend, but the one thing we'll all get from it is deliciousness. Every review, if you try and describe what you taste, is going to be different.

It's a very full-on experience, you can't multi-task when smoking this. You wouldn't want to. I shall be ordering more, because this is one of the best pipe smoking experiences I've had. So highly recommended to pipe smokers of all tastes and spectrums.

Pipe Used: MM Country Gentleman corn cob

Purchased From: http://www.gqtobaccos.com/

Sinister Topiary Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Sinister Topiary (79)
Medium to Strong Medium Full Pleasant to Tolerable

Another unique & delicious blend from GQ, a melange of flavors that is full, complex and yet delicate at the same time, with Glynn's penchant for perique somehow uniting the disparate, even kaleidoscopic, flavors in a clean, smooth base. Since my review would otherwise largely echo those of Pipesmoking101, ScannerDarkly7 & brian stephen I'll just refer you them.

Very flavorful and very satisfying.

Pipesmoking101 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pipesmoking101 (38)
Medium Medium to Strong Full Very Pleasant

I ordered this after it was recommended by members of an on-line tobacco club of which I am a member. This is quite simply a phenomenal tobacco, and the best aromatic I have ever smoked. What the Alchemist Glynn Quelch has managed to do here is leave me astounded by his mastery of the tobacco-blending art. This is a combination of may different types of tobacco, Cavendish, Cigar Leaf, Perique, Virginia all mixed in the right amounts and topped with an exotic ambrosia topping. If Zeus puffs a pipe atop Mount Olympus, be assured, it's filled with Clementines Nip. The texture of the actual mixture is great, a mixture of cuts with bits of flake in it. It looks attractive, due to the variation of the colours & textures of the various tobaccos contained within it. The pouch note is intoxicating, containing the various tobacco types with a sweet confectionary-like coconut scent, not sickly, but pleasantly sweet. The tobacco loads easily & takes the light like a dream. If you find yourself having to relight this one, you're doing something wrong. Perfect moisture, perfect burn producing big creamy clouds of sweet smoke. The flavouring remains throughout the bowl, but is complex due to the various tobaccos being present in different amounts with each puff that is taken, no two puffs are the same, and this only adds to the wonderousness (is that word?!) of this tobacco. I would estimate that this may be medium-strong, but I will err on the side of Medium in terms of nicotine content on the basis of the 25g I ordered and have smoked so far. I will update in the future after smoking more if I feel that this is an error. The room note is as good as the pouch-note. Lovely, exotic and sweet. My only regret with this is that I didn't order more & now have to wait until payday to get more in. Nonetheless, this tobacco gets an unequivocal top mark from me, and I will be ordering lots more of this in the future. Bravo GQ Tobacco, Bravo.

Pipe Used: Dr. Plum mini Billiard, Imperial Short Prince

Purchased From: GQ Tobaccos

Similar Blends: Better than any other Aromatic I have ever smoked. Never had anything so good, nothing to liken it to.

Medium to Strong Medium Full Pleasant to Tolerable

GQ Tobaccos-No 1 Clementines Nip. This gives off a fairly pungent aromatic smell, there appears to be a lot of added flavorings making it tricky for me to identify a specific one! The mixture contains all sorts of different cuts of tobacco. There are a few broken flakes, some longer pieces, some small and some fat, very eclectic! The strongest additive that I get in the taste is a floral one, it's not perfume like but that comes across the most prominent. After that I get the nuts, I can taste them clearly only just not as formidable as the florals. After a while smoking one of the few negative points presents itself, the smoke takes on a sort of acrid taste which creates a kind of gooey sensation in my mouth. Of course, that may just be something unique to myself! Clementines nip packs a fair wallop of nicotine, it's not the strongest but I still feel nicotine is quite a force with this blend. A good blend albeit slightly lacking the four star quality. Three stars.

Pipe Used: Savinelli