Custom Blend No1, we take no credit over the creation of the blend, we have tweaked it a little and that’s all. Originally created by a customer, this is a blend of fine Lakeland and aromatic tobaccos with a good helping of Perique. It is sweet, creamy, spicy, earthy and very, very delicious. Virginia, Black Cavendish, Kentucky, Perique and some Cuban cigar leaf makes this a unique tobacco. The addition of Caramel, Coconut and classic Lakeland floral flavours. Mouth watering from start to finish, we love this stuff and just had to make this stunning mixture.

BrandGQ Tobaccos
Blended ByGlynn Quelch
Manufactured ByGlynn Quelch
Blend TypeOther
Contents Black Cavendish, Cigar Leaf, Kentucky, Perique, Virginia
Flavoring Floral Essences, Nuts / Beans, Other / Misc
CutMixture
Strength
Medium, Medium to Strong
Mild, Medium to Strong
Taste
Full, Overwhelming
Pleasant, Tolerable to Strong
brian stephen Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
brian stephen (7)
Medium to Strong Medium to Strong Full Pleasant

This is one of the strangest blends I've ever encountered. The pouch note is dominated by a vanilla/coconut-y scent that made me think this is just what I DIDN'T want. After the first match, I realized I was wrong. CN does indeed have the ever popular vanilla/coconut flavourings, but after the first puff I was hit with a floral sweetness that worked amazingly well with the afore mentioned flavourings. Ribbons, broken flake, and small chopped pieces of cigar leaf make the blend visually attractive. As for the taste, well, CN is like a bull in the china shop of aromatic tobaccos. Full, flavourful, and potent, this will satisfy the craving while pleasing those around you. A very pleasing, complex blend that I'd smoke all the day long were it readily available here. Highest recommendation for those who love full aromatic/scented tobaccos. Very well done Glynn.

ScannerDarkly7 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ScannerDarkly7 (6)
Medium Mild Overwhelming Tolerable to Strong

Just looking at the blend and its mixture, it's hard to remember what exactly is in it [you've read the description, right?!], but for me, it's the addition of visible cigar leaf that shines through.

As I smoke this now, yes, I get the Lakeland tastes, and the perique is definitely there, enhanced and complimented by the cigar leaf. There is a sweetness in this tobacco [I pick up Clementine/orangey citrus as the last/aftertaste], but it's a sweet spiceyness, which after puffing for a while, will turn into a creamy taste. I can understand how perique can give the spice, but it must be the carefully crafted cavendish and virginia, subtly flavoured with aromatic gorgeousness that add the sweetness. It's all perfectly balanced enough to provide a uniform taste, but there is everything under the sun also to be found here, and which you'll find with every bowl.

As I novice to pipe smoking, I feel I am unable to distinctly appreciate the overhwhelming types of tobacco/flavours in this blend, I just know that such a bombardment on complexity like this somehow managed to still have a wonderfully gorgeous taste throughout, showing how expertly and carefully blended this is. There is quite simply something for everyone in this blend, but the one thing we'll all get from it is deliciousness. Every review, if you try and describe what you taste, is going to be different.

It's a very full-on experience, you can't multi-task when smoking this. You wouldn't want to. I shall be ordering more, because this is one of the best pipe smoking experiences I've had. So highly recommended to pipe smokers of all tastes and spectrums.

Pipe Used: MM Country Gentleman corn cob