Here is a tobacco with a delightfully piquant, natural aroma. Its rich, exotic flavor comes from a unique blend of Turkish Mahallah, Golden Virginia and Latakia tobaccos.

BrandLane Limited
CutCube
Packaging8 ounces Tin, tin Pouch
Strength
Taste

I was delighted to open a lightly re-hydrated 8 ounce tin of the long-gone Lane Limited Classic Blend, Orienta, at a recent meeting of my local pipe club. The tobacco is a cube cut and very mottled in color. Easy to pack, at the match I was hit immediately with wave after wave of some of the richest and spiciest Oriental flavors I've ever had the pleasure to taste. The Latakia in the blend had decomposed to the point of being undetectable, but I did get the gentle strength of the Virginia leaf employed, which had mellowed over the years to a point where it was creamy and provided body and plumes of white smoke.

This Oriental blend burned dry all the way to the bottom of the bowl and needed few relights (probably because I just could not bring myself to stop puffing). If I am able to locate another tin of this delight before I die, then my life will have been complete! (-:

Pipestud

Pipe Used: Rad Davis Sandblast LB shaped Billiard

Age When Smoked: At least 20 years old

Similar Blends: Presbyterian Mixture, The Bankers Mixture.