The fragrance of Black Raspberry embraces a well-rounded blend of flavorful Virginias, mellow Burley and Black Cavendish tobaccos.

BrandLane Limited
Blended ByLane Limited
FlavoringRaspberry
Strength
Taste

JoeMan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
JoeMan (7)
Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Tolerable to Strong

I've been on the hunt for 2 years for those sweet, tasty, desserty aromatics which don't simply smell good in the tin or pouch, but also deliver the flavor and room note. Lanes Black Raspberry does that. You taste it! What else needs to be said? Pipes and Cigars is a great place to get it with a great per oz. price, especially the more you get. Enjoy!

Pipe Used: Grabow, Peterson, Alpha

Purchased From: Pipes and Cigars online

cobacco Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
cobacco (52)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

A nice surprise! You can really taste the raspberry, plus you've got a very nice blend of tobacco here. Only a bit moist, not bitey at all. Lights fairly easy and burns right to the bottom of the bowl with good taste and minimal fuss. This was the surprise out of a big sampling of aromatics I planned and it sort of sat around because I'm not a raspberry fan. But the quality blew away some good names and made a heck of an impression on me. I just ordered a tin of LEO and I will definitely make Lane Black Raspberry a regular item in my collection. Hope this helps!

Pipe Used: MO Meerschaum Freehand

Purchased From: Smoking Pipes

CriolloCorojo Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CriolloCorojo (18)
Very Mild Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant

I don't normally go for aromatics, but this one is truly a winner. The flavor is actually enjoyable, and the room note is very pleasant. It is rare to find a tobacco that tastes good to the smoker and also is so tolerable to those who are exposed to fumes. It also smokes cool, clean and does not leave a bunch of goop in the bottom of the bowl in the end. This is one the best of the milder aromatics that I have smoked so far, and that says a lot since I have tried dozens. The vitamin N is low, but this is a smoke that can be enjoyed in long stretches without tongue bite or an unpleasant aftertaste. Therefore, I highly recommend it for smokers like me who generally prefer English or stronger flake blends who want to venture outside their comfort zone. I will be purchasing more in bulk.

gunner525 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
gunner525 (62)
Mild Medium Medium Pleasant

I received a sample of this blend by accident. In the order I was to receive two tins of Peterson's Holiday Season Blend 2013 and instead found about a two ounce sample of this instead of a second tin of the Holiday Season. I have to say it's the best mistake I've ever received.

It's your typical Lane Limited aromatic. A bit of Burley mixed into quality Virginia and good dose of Black Cavendish. The tobacco does come a bit on the moist side, so most will probably want to let it air out a bit. I'd suggest filling a bowl and letting it sit for ten or fifteen minutes before lighting up.

I could smell the raspberry through the zip-lock bag it came in. A nice refreshing berry scent. It made me optimistic for a good smoke.

After a bit of drying the tobacco packed nicely into the bowl. It took a char light and true light wonderfully. As usual, the quality leaf burned nice and evenly to the bottom leaving a beautiful white ash.

The raspberry flavor comes through very pronounced on the light up. I also got a bit of a cream flavor from it as well. As the smoke went on the raspberry flavoring settled in nicely with the tobacco flavors. It makes for a wonderful combination of top dressing and tobacco flavors that is even throughout the smoke. Puffing on it leaves wonderful clouds of fragrant smoke. It's definitely a blend to give smoke rings a go with.

I didn't get any tongue bite from this blend. It didn't goop up the bowl or make the pipe gurgle either.

The room note was very much appreciated by those I smoked it around. I received many compliments on its aroma.

I would recommend this blend to a beginner who is interested in aromatics.

Overall this is a quality aromatic that I will be sure to revisit.

Medium Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

The tobacco taste is minimal, though I do get a vanilla note from the black cavendish and a little grass from the Viriginia. I don't really notice the burley much except for a hint of nuts. The black raspberry is very flavorful and doesn't lose its grasp at the finish as some aromatics do. Very little nicotine is present. Burns a little slow, fairly cool, but leaves a little moisture at the finish. needs some relights. Really does need some dry time. Has no harsh spots, won't bite, and is mostly smooth. Leaves a nice after taste. An all day smoke.

Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

This is a fairly heavily aromatic that needs some dry time before smoking in order to get the best results. The pleasant black raspberry flavor comes through during the first half of the bowl but in the latter stages it just tastes very sweet. It’s very low in nicotine content, not bitter and overall not bad. If you are looking for tobacco flavor, there isn’t much here and that’s where the problem lies for me as I tend to prefer aromatics that complement the tobacco rather than mask it.

Pipe Used: Peterson Bulldog, cob

barefootdesigns Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
barefootdesigns (3)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

As a raspberry freak, I've looked for one that actually TASTES like raspberries. Well, Lane Limited has hit a home run with me on this one. The raspberry taste comes through without any bite or fade, virtually to the end of the bowl. It lights and burns well to the end. This aromatic causes people to tell me about how it reminds them of their grandfathers pipe, only better. This is one of my top three smokes, along with Sutliff's Molto Dolce and Torben-Dansk Blue Note. It's the cheapest of the three, but tastes like high-quality tobacco, not cheap or harsh like some I've tried. As such, it's becoming my everyday smoke. All thumbs up here!

Pipe Used: Astley's 109, Swinks, homemade freehand

Burn = 10;

After Taste = 9;

Raw Score = 58;

Rated Percentage = 97%;

Comment = Very Smooth, Very Mild, Mellow, nice light Rasberry Flavor, very enjoyable smoke

kingjj Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
kingjj (10)
Mild to Medium Strong Very Full Pleasant

I can't say much about this blend that twenty other reviews haven't said already, except that by it's lonesome, Lane's Black Raspberry is a little overbearing in it's sweetness and a little one dimensional.

That said, mix this with some Dunhill Nightcap and you have yourself an un-freaking-believably good smoke. That's no small feat when you consider the Dunhill is pretty fantastic on it's own -- and the Lane somehow makes it better.

So if you're one who like to tinker with your blends, you'll want to keep some Black Raspberry on hand, as it makes for a pretty delicious tinker's toy.

Mild Medium to Strong Medium to Full Pleasant

Everything you would expect from Lane, with a raspberry casing. Very sweet. Many will love it. Many will hate it. In bulk it is pretty inexpensive, if you are so inclined give it a whirl. It's goodin a cob, with a nice cup of unsweetened hot tea... No really! Why are you running away!?! (Cowards...)

CnS Pipes Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CnS Pipes (40)

Lane's Black Raspberry is quite impressive for a berry type pipe tobacco blend. For a black Cavendish dominate and burley mixed on balance when I smoke this, not only is it super smooth and berry sweet but it has a nice subtle spice to it and the tobacco shows itself midway down the bowl so its almost like a nice desert after dinner, which is exactly what I do with this one. Its nicotine level is low which is fine and does not bite unless you smoke it fast. This is one of the best tasting aromatics I have ever had as far as sweetness that is not gross, this one is very yummy and has a wonderful room note. It is so hard to find a good berry aromatic that is not cheap tasting and ultra goopy and I mean hard but look no further because this one is delightful hands down. Before I purchased this to be honest I was really nervous because people said a few Sutliffs aromatic blends were awesome and rated very high and really they were very goopy with high PG and burnt the heck out of the tounge and tasted very fake with almost no tobacco taste, because of that I was very weary to get Lane's Black Raspberry but that was my salvation and I am very glad I did. This blend taste just like it sounds and it is two thumbs up good and I highly recommend this knowing just about anyone who loves the pipe would love this pipe tobacco blend.

÷UPDATE÷ I double bagged this blend and sits in a medium size jar with a few other bagged blends with a tight lid, Black Raspberry when I first got it was very moist I have had it only for a few weeks and it dried put quite abit, I am a tad suprised, becaise the other aromatics I have in there are still very moist. I went on to go ahead and pack a pipe with it still and boy O boy am I glad I did, this stuff is amazing when it dries out abit, the taste is so smooth and the raspberry is very pronounced I could not believe it. This blend was so enjoyable so creamy and half way through the Virginia's even shines through alittle, it had thst velvety texture I love usually causes by the burley I did not want it to end. The point to this update is I want to encourage everyone to let this blend dry out alittle, not bone dry or non aromatic dry, just dry enough where it does not clump or stick together anymore, the change in it is night and day and it smokes like a charm when you do this and it still remains so smooth with no bite its truly amazing. I really did not dart around with aromatics like this one or even bother trying to blend and top stuff like this with my line but I'm sure glad I gave this one a shot because its wanna the best super sweet ultra flavored pipe tobacco blends I've had ever, stuff like this usually creates tons of steam and burns the heck out of your tounge badly, this does not do so. -Thanks

Pipe Used: FE.RO and GPK

Age When Smoked: 39

Similar Blends: Nothing that's why I actually like it!!!.

SmokeDawg Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SmokeDawg (82)
Mild to Medium Medium Mild Very Pleasant

This blend is a naughty, sweet little secret among hard core pipers. What an incredible tasty treat this is. Smells divine in the bag, in the pipe and the taste of sugary sweet raspberry flows through the stem like a candy waterfall. A great treat when you want something sweet. The tobacco itself is top notch and holds its on. This blend is a benefit to what pipers in general get to enjoy that other forms of tobacco users don't. Load this black raspberry in your pipe and enjoy it anywhere. Highly recommended for that special aromatic treasure hunt every piper craves once in a while. Could be a new favorite.

Pipe Used: Corn cob, Kaywoodie lovet. Bertram Prince

Age When Smoked: bulk

Purchased From: local tobacconist

Knightsmoker Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Knightsmoker (137)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild Pleasant

This is a good aromatic blend. Not too wet but a little dry time is needed. The Black Raspberry casing is present through the first 1/2 of the bowl but then moves more to the background and can only really be tasted on the retrohale. It is a sweet but not overly sweet blend the tobacco flavor is very very mild but that is the point of this aromatic to let the casing shine. However, the reduction of the taste of the casing at the mid bowl point really takes away from the smoke itself since there is not much tobacco flavor behind it. It smokes fairly dry although the very bottom of the bowl is starting to build moister it stops short of the goopy mess that many aros make. A nice change of pace on a hot summer afternoon. I doubt I will need to revisit this but when August comes this might really hit the spot once in a while.

Sunday Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Sunday (25)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

JoeMan's review of this blend is spot on, I second the nomination! You can really taste the raspberry all the way through with zero bite-very pleasant.

Pipe Used: MM Country Gentleman

Age When Smoked: as a daisy

Purchased From: wvsmokeshop.com

Similar Blends: This aromatic is in a league of its own.

Dr.sadik Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Dr.sadik (100)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

I am smoking a black raspberry lollipop. that might as well describe my whole review. the casing is strong and the taste of black raspberry is very evident. I love sweet aromatics and this one delivers. it takes the fire pretty well and smokes relatively cool. minimum dottles to the end of the bowl and if you really want that tangy sweetness you must sip on the blend. room note is pleasant indeed (suffice to say that I can smell it while smoking, which rarely happens with aromatics). if you are after a sweet yet mild tobacco with tropical essence then this should be on your list.

Taste Buds Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Taste Buds (65)

It's been 25 years or more since I smoked this blend while visiting my parents in Florida. I think it's better now than it was then. The new incarnation has less of the black raspberry flavoring and it smokes dryer then I remember with little if any humectants. It would make a great all day choice as it smokes very cool. The room note would also make it acceptable to nonsmokers. The black raspberry is not overdone, but is always there. A pleasant surprise. It burns cleanly to the bottom of the bowl. An excellent light aromatic.

Update: I let it sit for over a month and the blend is now more cohesive. A delicious aromatic. Wonderful while working on my computer. Also a great mixer with straight burley and Virginia blends.

CornCob Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CornCob (94)
Very Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

It's very berry, that's for sure. Perhaps a bit too much for me to smoke on its own all the time, I'd say it's ideal in a narrow gauge pipe or cob. Great as a blender if you want to "fruit up" your home mixtures, room note is that of a jam factory and wouldnt be found offensive by even the most shrewd anti-smoker. It's a 2 star blend to me, only because it's a bit overbearing in the berry flavour dept, but I could see how a stable aro smoker would enjoy this

bob323 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
bob323 (46)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

Not a bad smoke, just not a very good one...Had some bite...room note was good...Taste was decent, but by itself it just doesn't cut it with me...ended up mixing it with McClelland 910 Kentucky Cavendish, Lane 1-Q, P. Stokkebye Highland Whisky and Cornell & Diehl Granulated Perique...Really nice blender in this mix...

Pipe Used: various for testing

Age When Smoked: fresh after receiving

graygeek Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
graygeek (10)
Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

Ordered this as a sample with my last order from my favorite on line tobacco shop. As I normally smoke Cavendish ARO's, this is about what is described. Great raspberry pouch aroma, and slight raspberry taste as you first light it up. Not an overly complex blend, but has a very pleasant room note, and overall a reasonably nice smoke. It will be something that perhaps I will go back to and try again. Reasonably mild with no tongue bite, so also would make an ok all day smoke. Not my favorite, but overall not bade either. It wasa nice diversion.

tabaco Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
tabaco (111)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

First off, this stlye of tobacco is not really my cup of tea.

I found it to be very monochromatic and somewhat flat. That being said, it does have a very creamy mouth feel and is not cloyingly sweet, which came as a pleasant surprise. I did not care for the potpourri room note, it was too strong for me. Maybe for some folks that is exactly what they desire. Personally, I much prefer the campfire like notes of Latakia.

In conclusion, I will smoke the remainder of my supply. Likely as an interlude to my usual English rotation. I shall not seek out this tobacco again.

Kerdy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Kerdy (43)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant

I just tried this and enjoyed it. I smoked two bowls back to back and it didnt bite at all! I didnt even mind the flavoring. The only thing is that it got very, very goopy and wet a little past the half way point in the bowl. All I heard was gurgle and didnt finish it. If you dried it out, that may fix the problem. Again, I loved that fact that there was no bite and a pleasant room note. May not buy large amounts on a regular basis, but would never turn it away if offered. An EXCELLENT beginner tobacco.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

New notes: Drying out does a great job on fixing the wetness, but mostly I have just smoked this in a filtered pipe and that takes care of the problem. This way I can smoke it all the way to the bottom. This is a very pleasant rotation if you like sweeter aromatics. Smells great! All my co-workers think so!

MozzMann Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
MozzMann (33)
Mild Medium Full Very Pleasant

This is growing to be one of my favorites in the Lane line. Its in the first bowl I light and in the last bowl of the nite.It has a great taste as well as a great roomnote. The taste is not overpowering, it is cut just right, and it burns cool and smooth. The ladies will love this one fellas! I highly recommend this pouch to everyone. Smoke up! M.O.Z.Z.M.A.N.N

CivilWar Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CivilWar (3)
Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

Excellent Raspberry flavor. I like mixing it with a nice English, gives it wonderful smoky quality that enhances the Raspberry flavor. About a 50/50 mixture works best for me.

Pipe Used: briar

Age When Smoked: 1 year

Purchased From: S&P

Lower Alabama Piper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Lower Alabama Piper (8)

This is one of the few aromatics that actually tastes like it smells. This would be a great introduction to a new pipe smoker. Great tobacco For Those looking for one that has the flavor of a dessert.

Pipe Used: Missouri meerschaum Country Gentleman

Purchased From: Pipesandcigars.com

kito Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
kito (4)
Mild Mild to Medium Very Mild Pleasant

the taste of raspberry is thin. smell is good. taste like half diluted raspberry juice with water. the taste of chemical makes it a nono to try it again. sweetness is also diluted very mild. there are no other character. for an aromatic it should be much better.

Pipe Used: corn cob

Purchased From: tabac 101 singapore.

Damatel Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Damatel (1)
Very Mild Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

This has to be the best aromatic I have tried. Actually smells and taste great when smoked. Burns clean so no need to scrape bowl just knock ash out and reload. While smoking seems like a cooling sensation. Filter or no filter still feel the same while smoking. I have recently been searching foe the perfect tobacco and this one is it bought 2 oz. first time that was a mistake should have bought more. If your a first time pipe smoker look no further and you will love this flavor/brand

Pipe Used: Briar

Age When Smoked: 39

Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

Lane Limited - Black Raspberry.

A higher proportion of black Cavendish to Burley and Virginia, and surprisingly, for a heavier aromatic, mine wasn't too moist when fresh.

I can't recollect piping many straight raspberry flavoured blends, cherries and other berries are more prominent, so this makes a change. It tastes sweet, but not as sticky, sickly, or false as berries/cherries can often be. Other than the raspberries the only other flavour I get is a vanilla type black Cavendish one; I think any nuts or grass have too much of a fight on their hands to make their presence known, with the raspberries and Cav being so abrupt. A fault, to me, is the temperature: I'd expect a blend that's mainly black Cav' to smoke like ice, whereas this burns easily above medium. And sadly, another fault is the bite from it: it's good when sipped, but it can easily become a bit of a nipper.

The nicotine's mild and the room-note's pleasant; even if it's a bit too false for my liking.

This is a very good quality blend, albeit, not my cup-of-tea as a go-to.

Worth a recommendation, though.

Three stars.

Pipe Used: Dr Plumb Quintex

Purchased From: 4noggins

crapgame1967 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
crapgame1967 (55)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

I wanted raspberry and that's what I got with this tobacco. The flavor is top notch and doesn't change or get funky the more you smoke it although I did not smoke it to the bottom of the bowl. There is something welcoming or familiar to this tobacco..reminds me of grandma's jam for breakfast on those weekends long ago. I will not smoke this one all day every day but I will have those binge smokes with this one and not feel any guilt at all!

Pipe Used: stanwell

Purchased From: pipes and cigars

Jason h. Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Jason h. (47)
Mild Medium to Strong Full Very Pleasant

This was a good blend. Its like CAO (Black?), except in bulk. The tobacco is mild, fragrant, and didnt bite. If you are looking for something sweet, then this one is for you. I have several ounces of this, and it seems to get a little tastier with age.

Update: My god this stuff is tasty, I want to eat the smoke. I believe this one has become one of my favorites!!!!! It truly tastes lika a desert.

Age When Smoked: 2 years, gets better with age!

JustinCarcerated Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
JustinCarcerated (99)
Mild to Medium Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

The Better 1/2 bought me a couple of ounces of this as part of a Christmas package - I immediately jarred half under heat, smoked the remainder quickly.

I appreciate the quality of the cav in this blend, as well as the interaction between the Cavendish and Burley... smokes cool to the point where there is a menthol -like component (only as it pertains to the coolness that comes along for me as the bowl burns).

Great raspberry smell, not as much translation as it relates to actual favor, but would be a very respectable all day smoke.

Good for aro lovers as well as burley fans.

Pipe Used: Meers

natibo Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
natibo (166)
Mild Medium Medium Pleasant

I really really like berry flavoring. Iwan Ries Dr. Bradley is one of my all time favorites. I enjoyed this tobacco, but it just did not have enough berry flavor and what there was tasted artificial. Two and half stars.

Young Piper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Young Piper (300)
Very Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I loved the Piperoom.com's Middle Earth Blend that had a hint of Raspberry so for the last 8 years or so I have been trying to recreate it. I think I have finally gotten to the point where I am pleased with my own blending. I took two ounces of Uhles Black Stoker, two ounces of Prince Albert and a pinch of Lanes Black Raspberry and to my taste buds it is very close. By itself Black Raspberry is a bit overwhelming but added as a pinch to a chocolate or burley blend it adds that little something, like a cherry on top of a Sundae. Living in Las Vegas I can smoke just about anywhere, literally, and especially in the casino's the women just swoon over BR's aroma... Very versatile, add chocolate and you have a Chocolate Covered Raspberry, add vanilla and burley and you have a Black Raspberry Cobbler... Try mixing this stuff, it's really good!