Highly Aromatic. Toasted Black Cavendish forms the base for this blend with bright Cavendish and Virginia added. A subtle cherry flavour is applied for sweetness. A best seller by far.

BrandLane Limited
1.5
PhillyB Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
PhillyB (28)
Extremely Mild Mild Very Mild Very Pleasant

This was one of the first pipe tobaccos I ever had if not THE first. Smells nice in the package and to the people around you but tastes like boring with cherry.

Arkie Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Arkie (106)
Mild to Medium Strong Mild to Medium Tolerable

Paladin is the onliest stuff that is worse. If someone offers you a pipefull, grab a cheek in each hand and run for the hills.

Helzbelz75 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Helzbelz75 (4)

I'm not a big cherry fan but I do like black cavendish so I thought I'd give this a try. At first, it tasted like cherry cough syrup but I kept on smoking. Once I got to the middle of the bowl the cherry changed into a smokey cherry flavor. It wasn't overpowering but the cherry was there. Maybe it was the black cavendish coming through. Either way, I really enjoyed the last half of the bowl. A little gook left over but not much. I do recommend smoking this blend or any cherry blend in one pipe as to avoid the mixing of flavors. It won't be in my regular rotation but I will smoke it when I want something different. My wife thought it smelled wonderful...she loves cherries.

Big bad Jon Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Big bad Jon (232)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

I do occasionally like a aromatic blend, and do enjoy trying to find one that I can truly say that I love. Unfortunately for this blend this is not it. The cherry tastes like cough syrup, and coincidentally it leaves a cough syrupy glob of gunk in the bottom of your pipe. It does smoke fairly cool and your wife will love it. Its just a shame that it falls very short on smoking pleasure.

SmokeKing David Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SmokeKing David (114)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

It's not that I dislike all aromatics; I just don't care for this one.

The cherry flavor is too artificial. It reminds me of cough medicine with more sweetner.

I will likely try some other cherry blends, like the previous distinguished reviewer. The reviews on this site for Pipeworks and Wilke's cherry cavendish sound promising....

Although a raspberry, not a cherry blend, I much prefer Decadent Chocolate Raspberry by Affordable Pipes mostly because the tobacco seems to be better quality and the topping is applied with a more restrained hand. That blend is a quality fruit-based aromatic that I can recommend without hesitation. But I am much less enthusiastic about this Lane blend

Pipe Guy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pipe Guy (23)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

This tobacco closely matches the descriptions of what I've seen labeled "Lane's Very Cherry," so I'm assuming this is the right one to review.

Very Cherry's pouch aroma is very sweet and artificial cherry- like. It's actually kind of nice. The tobacco that I received was just perfect: not goopy in the slightest bit and not too dry. There was no bright red cherry coloring that I've heard about in some cherry blends.

The tobacco burns nicely without gooping up the pipe. There's a little moisture, but it's what you would expect from this type of tobacco. The smoking flavor is OK, but it's definitely artificial cherry. I wouldn't consider it offensive or "cough syrup" cherry, but it's artificial nonetheless.

Since this is my first cherry blend, I'm not sure how this compares with other cherry blends. Will I buy more of this tobacco? I'm not sure. I plan to try several different cherry blends. I know that I'll at least enjoy the rest of my 2 oz. baggy of this tobacco.

If you're looking for a cherry blend, you might want to try this.