Highly Aromatic. Toasted Black Cavendish forms the base for this blend with bright Cavendish and Virginia added. A subtle cherry flavour is applied for sweetness. A best seller by far.

BrandLane Limited
1.5
Tony Bokor Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tony Bokor (8)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Do to some really good luck, I ended up with a whole pound of this tobacco. I actually like it, as it is mellow and the cherry flavor is not to overwhelming.

PhillyB Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
PhillyB (65)
Extremely Mild Mild Very Mild Very Pleasant

This was one of the first pipe tobaccos I ever had if not THE first. Smells nice in the package and to the people around you but tastes like boring with cherry.

Arkie Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Arkie (129)
Mild to Medium Strong Mild to Medium Tolerable

Paladin is the onliest stuff that is worse. If someone offers you a pipefull, grab a cheek in each hand and run for the hills.

SmokeKing David Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SmokeKing David (123)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

It's not that I dislike all aromatics; I just don't care for this one.

The cherry flavor is too artificial. It reminds me of cough medicine with more sweetner.

I will likely try some other cherry blends, like the previous distinguished reviewer. The reviews on this site for Pipeworks and Wilke's cherry cavendish sound promising....

Although a raspberry, not a cherry blend, I much prefer Decadent Chocolate Raspberry by Affordable Pipes mostly because the tobacco seems to be better quality and the topping is applied with a more restrained hand. That blend is a quality fruit-based aromatic that I can recommend without hesitation. But I am much less enthusiastic about this Lane blend