By combining our Black Duck with ribbon burleys and Virginias we have achieved a taste and aroma that pleases everyone. A truly light, enjoyable aromatic mixture. Aromatic.

BrandBufflehead
Blended ByDavid Windsor
ContentsBurley, Cavendish, Virginia, Black Cavendish
Strength
Extremely Mild, Mild
Taste
Mild to Medium, Medium to Full
Very Pleasant, Pleasant
OTRFF Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
OTRFF (44)

I agree with Tiger, I am not a big aromatic fan but based on his review I picked me up a bag of this and gave it a try. Very nice blend. It didnt have all of the soupy gurgle associated with many of the aromatics, but smoked nice and dry. I was able to taste the underlying tobaccos and not just casing. This is a real nice change of pace blend in my opinion from the latakia, virginia blends that I usually smoke. I think this will be a real nice spring/summertime smoke. Kudos on another great blend D.W.!!!

Tiger Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tiger (53)
Mild to Medium Extremely Mild Medium to Full Very Pleasant

As someone not particularly fond of cavendish, burley and certainly not aromatics, I was stunned by Ruddy Duck. It is delicious, and that is an understatement. Thankfully, the taste is 99.99% natural with but the ultra-slightest hint of any additive. Yet the room note has always, and I mean always, brought positive remarks from bystanders. The descriptions, however, vary a lot, but the most common seems to be "a sweet natural, or nutlike" aroma. From my side of the pipe, it doesn't act like the stereotypical aromatic at all. Burn properties are all better-than-average, smoke volume is very good, getting it to "gurgle" takes effort, the taste is actually very solid and VERY good, it behaves well and tastes good in pipes of a wide range of bowl size, there is very little (if any) "aftertaste, and it doesn't leave a "soupy" bowl, even after several bowls. Another plus for Ruddy Duck - the quality of the tobaccos used is quite readily apparent. If the English/Balkan style blends are your preferred venue but you've looked for an aromatic (or burley) you could actually like enough to smoke often - I'll bet $3 in small, unmarked bills Ruddy Duck can fill the gap for you. Has to be the only aromatic out of a whole passle that I could rate four stars.

Tiger