Light tasted in a bland Cavendish, tamed with just a suggestion of aromatic to enhance the flavor.

BrandIwan Ries
ContentsCavendish
Packaging50g Pouch
Strength
Extremely Mild
Extremely Mild
Taste
Extremely Mild (Flat)
Unnoticeable, Very Pleasant, Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable
2.0
Peppino Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Peppino (74)
Very Mild Extremely Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant

Pipestud has it right, very mild with a slight flavor of Burley but so faint you can may not even detect it. This is my 1st time smoking this in over 30 yrs. Great pouch aroma but I don't remember it tasting so flat. It looks the same, but unlike the other 3 stars I've smoked over the years this seem to have changed the most. I won't get anymore after the 3oz's are gone.I may have to look to blend it with some black cavendish or latakia. It does have more flavor on a re-light after cooling down and it does produce a nice ash. I'm going to try it in a meershaum next and see if anything changes! UPDATE:12/25/10.......... That's the mystery!! Smoke it in a meershaum and it tastes 2-3 times more like the pouch and excellent on a overnight re-light, like a different tobacco! I've smoked the entire pouch in less than a week in meershaum I can't get over the difference I couldn't stand it in a briar.

ruffinogold Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ruffinogold (82)
Mild Extremely Mild Mild Very Pleasant

I gave this a recommended because it is what it is and no b.s. This is straight burley flavor with a tad bit of whatever they add to st.bruno [ which I hate ] though it's such a small amount that it helps this blend .It is dry unlike other 3* blends but smokes cool and easy for me. It's flavor is soft woody and a little nutty maybe.If ya want a straight burley. than what the heck ..If you want a killer burley flavor smoke MacBaren golden extra ....... UPDATE : My wife says this smells awesome ... That's good for me . Very mild blend

Extremely Mild Extremely Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant to Tolerable

As I've found with other IRC 3's, this blend also just gets 1. As received, the tobacco was very dry and I think that led to a hot smoke. IRC indicates it is a 'bland' Cavendish and I didn't sense any of their advertised aromatic addition. Obviously, this blend was a marked change from my normal VA/Perique flakes but was so weak and tasteless that it couldn't be enjoyed.

Extremely Mild Extremely Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Unnoticeable

No Dutch treat here. I can see where a non-smoker who wants to try a pipe will like this stuff. It is as mild as any blend I've ever tried. I kept checking the bowl to make sure it was lit because I sure couldn't taste anything. Imagine, if you will, drawing warm, slightly moist air into your mouth. That, my friends, is 3-Star Dutch.