This interesting blend produced in a traditional English way convinces by it's unique character. The tobacco is traditionally pressed, cut and roasted and processed in a sophisticated manner. It's blended with Oriental, Louisiana Perique, the finest Latakia and aromatic Virginia tobaccos which make this blend a classic experience of English style. An exquisite tobacco for friends of handmade flakes.

BrandJohn Aylesbury
Contents Latakia, Oriental/Turkish, Perique, Virginia
Strength
Taste
puro66 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
puro66 (73)

This tobacco seems to receive no discussion and was never listed on TR so I have added it. Despite the fact that the country of origin says DE, it is made in Germany, I put that in the detail background but the computer software won't co-operate.

This comes in 100gr. paint can tins, a packaging I really like as it seems to keep things fresh and can be re-used for other like tobaccos. If you have smoked CF Lancer's Slices and said to yourself, "I wish this was a bit more refined", here is the blend you seek. A latakia broken flake that is full of latakia and virginia but balanced with orientals and a bit of perique. As such it is sweeter and more subtle than Lancer's slices but maintains a decent complexity to hold one's attention. I always try to keep a tin or two on hand and have found it to be consistently of high quality and in my opinion the best of John Aylesbury offerings. This is a solid three stars from me because I do have other tobaccos I smoke more often but for quality it is certainly;deserving of four stars.

Pipe Used: various