One of our "Middle Earth" Series tobaccos, dedicated to the works of Tolkien. Rivendell is woodsy and earthy. Mildly sweet with a hint of walnut.

Notes: Founded by Jim and Gwen Reeves in August of 1970, The Country Squire has been a Mississippi fixture and mainstay for over 40 years. As Mississippi's oldest tobacconist, we feature over 20 unique and interesting house pipe tobacco blends

BrandThe Country Squire Tobacconist
Very Pleasant, Pleasant
Shiloh Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Shiloh (4)

From the Mountain Rambling Rusticator:

Nutty, Woodsy, Cocoa... this is a very accurate description by the blender. The first time I smoked this I kept saying, "Oh, Wow!," out loud, over and over. Like the House of Elrond itself, this smoke is a respite full of ancient wonder. This is by far and away the best Lord of the Rings inspired blend I have tried from any tobacconist. Top Shelf all the way.

Pipe Used: Various Briars

Age When Smoked: Newly acquired from the tobacconist

Purchased From: The Country Squire, Jackson, MS

TGatewood Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TGatewood (4)

I'm a big fan of all of the Squire's Tolkien blends, but Rivendell is by far my favorite. It's nutty taste provides a great, cool smoke. No tongue bite or rough smokes from this blend, even if you tend to puff deep and quickly like I do. A great blend to accompany you when you're outdoors camping, or just when you need to "get away" from the monotony of the daily grind. This natural, earthy blend is a great way to escape. I'm not a huge fan of churchwardens, but I feel like it may be the most appropriate way to enjoy this blend designed for hobbits. Great blend that I highly recommend.

Pipe Used: Savinelli Bing's Favorite and MT Churchwarden