BrandSamuel Gawith
Manufactured BySamuel Gawith
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Virginia
FlavoringAmaretto, Honey, Nuts / Beans
Packaging100 Tin, 100 Pouch
Strength
Mild to Medium, Medium, Medium to Strong, Strong
Extremely Mild, Mild to Medium
Taste
maigret fan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
maigret fan (58)
Strong Extremely Mild Mild Pleasant

I am rather confused and do not share the enthusiasm of previous rewievers. In the tin there is a slight aroma of honey behind the tobacco. A rather high strength regarding the content of nicotina but I failed to grasp any flavouring mentionned on the tin or in previous reviews. Yes, a nice smoke but nothing much to say about it. I would not have to go chasing any other tin...

Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Sam Gawith 2014 Limited edition . Firstly , the aroma from this is an incredible one , you get a pleasant tobacco note with a great sweet/honey addition whilst in the background a great Nutty quality resides . The content would appear to be mostly Virginia with only a small proportion of the Black Cavendish and contrary to what I usually notice with Sam Gawith this ones moisture amount is ace ! Once lit , which it does easily , I can quickly gather that this meets with my high Sam Gawith expectations ! The speed of the burn is exemplary , a speed that allows plenty of time to savour , yet does not become unlit easily . Now the taste , impeccable , the tobacco flavour is mainly Virginia with only a small amount of credence going to the Black Cav' , but it is a balance that works well along side with the added components which I shall now address ! The additives are not at all strong or harsh , the Honey seems to be the more dominant of them all , but not sickly or too false in any way , to be fair a very true Honey taste . Of all the additives I would say that the Hazelnuts are the least dominant , you can detect them but they do require a little amount of identifying . With hand on heart I can say "at no point did this one bite" . Nicotine now , perfect , think Squadron Leader . Another high mark for this is the room note , like the taste it is mainly Virginia but it does have a sweetness in it also making it less offensive . Talking of "less offensive" I would like to point out that another contributing factor to how in-offensive I found it was that this is a very light Smoke in the atmosphere , so the room does not resemble "fog" . To sum up I would say this is a VERY DELICATE aromatic ... superb !!

Pipe Used: Peterson

Purchased From: Smoke King

MartinK Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
MartinK (2)
Medium Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant

A generous looking tin full-very fluffy-nice familair room note expected upon opening. Lights well. It is everything that both Gold Block and Clan should be keeping an eye of respect to , and take notes from.

Pipe Used: Georg Jensen

Purchased From: Black Swan Bakky Shop

Similar Blends: Samuel Gawith 2013, Erinmore Mixture..

Stutter818 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Stutter818 (49)
Medium to Strong Extremely Mild Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

I smoked it fresh one morning with a cup of coffee on a perfect summer morning. It has a very nice tin note (tho it is one of those baggie in a tin tobaccos, so I jarred mine right away), sweet hazel nutty aroma. Fluffy, ribbon cut Virginias, and a little black cavendish. Beautiful looking tobacco. Lit really nicely, and stayed lit. I hadn't eaten yet, and I'm a nicotine lightweight, so I smoked half a bowl first, and took a break because I may have started to feel slightly dizzy. Coming back to it a little later, it starts off a little bit on the bitter side. I am still not the biggest fan of straight virginia, so the black cavendish and light topping is a nice touch for me. Smokes to a really fine white ash. On the pricey side, but I guess that's what you get with Limited Edition blends!

Pipe Used: Dunhill Estate straight pot sitter