BrandErin Go Bragh
Packaging1.5 oz Pouch
Strength
Taste
2.4

A tasty Irish Whiskey that's fairly one dimensional, but who cares? You're buying this for the whiskey flavor, which is dialed perfectly to please. Not overwhelming, but just rich enough to satisfy. I had no issues with how it burned, and smoked it to the end with no wetness or dottle, though I do not recommend puffing it like a steam engine. I was not expecting it to be this good, and was happily surprised when it was. I really don't think it's quite a four star blend (I'd have given it three and half stars if I could have), but for those who are looking for inexpensive Irish Whiskey blend, you can very easily do worse.

kingjj Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
kingjj (9)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Full Pleasant

As someone with a weakness for Bushmills, I decided to give Erin Go Bragh pipe blend a shot, as it seems folks are generally fond of their stogies (which I've yet to try).

Pouch note is downright edible. You can smell the whiskey, but also something much sweeter, like cake. I was honestly torn between smoking or eating it. The room note is sweet and pleasant, but a bit on the heavy side.

As with most whiskey cased blends, Erin Go Bragh can be a tongue scorcher, especially on lighting, but mellows as you get further into the bowl. It also burns really, really wet. So the last quarter can have a lot of gurgle and be a challenge to keep lit.

The flavor is where Erin Go Bragh shines, and while it's a tad one-dimensional it's a pretty great dimension. A super smooth and creamy combination of the whiskey, vanilla, and carmel. Like it's casing, it goes down easy, with just the right amount of sweetness.

As stated, it won't knock you out with it's complexity or vitamin N content (although it does sport a decent amount), but it does deliver a mild, mellow, and pretty satisfying smoke. Something that's welcome after a hard day's work -- with a glass of Irish whiskey, perhaps...

Pipe Used: Kaywoodie Drinkless

Age When Smoked: Brand New

Purchased From: http://wvsmokeshop.com/

Taste Buds Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Taste Buds (136)

This is a very tasty aromatic that burns cool and dry to the bottom of the bowl. Mostly Virginia, with a little burley and a touch of black Cavendish. The whiskey flavor is just right and not overdone. Aromatic smokers will love it and the rest of us will enjoy it as a change of pace. A one dimensional smoke but excellent in it's own right.

Black Sheep Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Black Sheep (13)

A decent smoke that burns fairly cool for an aromatic. It also burns well. The taste is not overpowering but remains pleasant. Out of the pouch, the smell of whiskey that may have been used as a topping is notable; however, after lighting, this blend has a milder taste. For the money, this is an excellent buy that I would recommend for anyone interested in whiskey themed tobaccos. There are blends that cost far more that are not worth half as much.

Pipe Used: Graco Duet

Bricky Craig Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bricky Craig (2)
Medium Very Strong Very Full Strong

I was not pleased with this blend. On opening the pouch the trademark Whiskey smell was quite pungent indeed as was expected. Having crested a few blends myself with this ideal beverage I was looking for a quick and pleasant introduction to the commercial variety. I dried some and packed an old MM Legend and upon lighting was greeted with an awful soapy Lakeland type flavor that just got worse on top of the tangy finish of Irish Whiskey. This pipe load and one more college try was enough for me to send this pouch to the boiling bin for awfully bad pouch tobacco.

Pipe Used: MM Legend

Purchased From: Cigar Bid

Similar Blends: Ivory soap.

Bazsup Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bazsup (13)
Mild Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

I got this in a group purchase of several tobaccos for a discounted price. It scorched my tongue on the first try but either I got use to it or it eased up as it dried out.

As it burned less I liked it more. I guess that goes without saying but I already said it. The whiskey flavor mellowed out and by the end of the pouch I was sorry it was gone.

It is sweet but not sickeningly so. I've read that it has gunked up at the end of the smoke for others but I didn't seem to have much of a problem with that.

Over al I enjoyed the smoke but I don't think it will become a regular on my rotation. My rotation consists of Carter Hall followed by Carter Hall.

Troy_nov1965 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Troy_nov1965 (3)

Decent smoke , taste like a good whiskey and smells good but be careful it will fry your tongue , even gravity packed an slow sipping it got me. I would not recomend for a beginner.

Pipe Used: Missouri Meerschaum corncob