Very Cherry uses a great blend of excellent tobaccos- mellow Burley, sweet and tangy Virginia and a bit of mildly sweet steamed black Cavendish, and is finished with an amazingly rich cherry flavor and aroma. This is one that no one will object to.

Notes: Description taken from

BrandLane Limited
Blended ByLane Limited
Manufactured ByScandinavian Tobacco Group
Very Mild, Mild, Medium

gunner525 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
gunner525 (58)
Mild Strong Full Pleasant

If you're looking for that special sweet cherry blend then pick up an ounce or two of this offering from Lane Limited.

It's a nice combination of Black Cavendish, Burley, and Virginia leaf with a rather obvious sweet cherry top dressing to it.

As soon as you open the jar or pouch you'll instantly notice the candy cherry aroma. They weren't stingy with the flavoring on this blend.

It does come a bit on the moist side, so I'd advise packing the bowl and letting it sit about ten or fifteen minutes before smoking it.

After the ten or fifteen minutes it takes the light wonderfully. You're greeted right away with that obvious candy cherry flavoring. After the initial light up it softens up a bit. It's still obvious you're smoking a cherry flavored blend, but from time to time the tobacco flavors to peek their head out momentarily.

It does leave the bowl a bit moist, but I enjoy the flavor enough to not mind it.

Because of all the top dressing on the blend it will burn a bit warmer. If you keep a good pace though it shouldn't bite you. It hasn't bitten me yet.

Age When Smoked: 1-3 Months

Sunday Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Sunday (18)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

As I continue my relentless search for a decent cherry aromatic, one that doesn't stick to your fingers or give an instant headache from unpronounceable chemical additives, this came up. Lane Very Cherry is definitely better than some pouch OTC cherry Burley blends. It is mild, the room note is very nice and I did not notice any bite or relight problems, worth giving it a try.

Pipe Used: MM Country Gentleman

Age When Smoked: four months

Blerrell's Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Blerrell's (5)
Very Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Very Cherry smells wonderful if you like cherry tobacco. I did not get a chemical cherry smell but a rather sweet tantalizing cherry smell. If smoked slow the sweetness can be tasted all the way threw the bowl top to bottom. This has a great room note. So if you like aromatics give it a shot you wont be disappointed.

Pipe Used: Nording

Purchased From: humidor 4 N public square Murfreesboro TN.

Medium Strong Full Very Pleasant

A strong cherry flavor is the only reason to smoke this. If you've been disappointed by light cherry blends, this will work for you. There's not much tobacco taste here, but if you like how this performs, you won't care. It burns well, so you should sip this one. Leaves very little goop at the finish.

Knightsmoker Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Knightsmoker (78)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant

The smell upon opening is cherry but it reminds me a little of the cherry flavored cough med. the kids take. It is a newly purchased 2oz. bulk tested and it is very moist. Drying time 20 min. to get it right. Takes a light very easily. Taste is cherry, at times the med. flavor comes through but this is most often found on the light and subsequent relights. Most of the time it is sweet cherry and what reminds me of cinnamon. The VA's do form a nice base that are tasted too but it is primarily the cherry casing that is tasted. It does bite a little even when sipping slowly but not too bad. It can be smoked once a day without trouble but I have found it should be the last pipe of the day to avoid compounding the bite. Room note is Okay and is quickly lost, something that non-smokers seem to like. Still this will not be a go to aromatic but if you are into cherry aromatics, this could be your blend. It just missed for me but then again, I am not an aromatic smoker. I do keep a few oz. around to smoke around the wife and this will work fine for that but I am still looking for that great aromatic blend for that purpose.

Age When Smoked: ROTT

Old German puffer Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Old German puffer (104)
Overwhelming Strong Overwhelming Extra Strong

Went with my son today to JR'S and picked up an ounce of this. My boy just had to smell it and then egg me on to try it. Cherry is not my favorite. At 2.10 an ounce I can power through it. Smell is like a cherry slurpie from 7 - 11. Packed it in a new cobb that I just bought. Did not want to destroy one of my good pipes. Packed It Half Full And Gave It A light. First draw I about died. Gee whiz. Casing here is so strong. Packed it down and relit for a full smoke. By all the gods I tried to like this. It was wet. It smelled to high heaven and after five minutes I was ready to quit. Grabbed a 7 up and drank it down to power through the last of it. Flavor was light. Sweet and never got a real cherry taste. I could not see this in my rotation ever. So it will go to pipe club for the brave of the young.

Pipe Used: cobb

Age When Smoked: Bulk direct from store

Purchased From: JR'S Cigar Outlet

Similar Blends: He'll on Earth. Yuckoooos..

TXBulldog Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TXBulldog (53)

Spent some time this summer trying numerous cherry blends and came across this one. Only had a few ounces to try and I am honestly glad I only had a few ounces. Upon opening it the smell seemed very inviting. That's pretty much the good on this one. Not a cherry blend at its finest IMHO. I found it somewhat disappointing without anything particularly enjoyable about it - neither the cherry flavor nor the tobacco flavor pulling through. This one I can say was not enjoyable on any front when smoking. I'm usually a little generous when rating aromatics to consider taste differences, but not with this one. There are plenty of others to try out if you are looking for something cherry to enjoy. Tried it with various pipes with marginal differences. If your looking for a couple really good cherry flavored blends I'd recommend Peter Stokkebye Cherry Bon Bon and Cult Blood Red Moon. Two totally different smokes but excellent in their own right.

Pipe Used: La Strada Bulldog

Age When Smoked: 6 mos

Purchased From: P&C

Demetri Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Demetri (113)
Very Mild Very Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

I pretty much echo the comments of Jiminks on this one. For some inexplicable reason I bought a half pound of this thinking from the jar aroma that it would be good. Not being an aromatic smoker cherry blends have nonetheless tempted me since trying my cousin's Paladin Black Cherry back in '66.

This is very hard to taste anything tobacco-wise; it is so heavily topped with a very artificially tasting cherry flavor. The flavoring is so intense that I found I needed to keep the Mason jar containing this segregated from all my other jars and inside a tightly sealed metal can as well. I eventually traded the entire remainder away.

Pipe Used: Corncobs, one dedicated briar

Age When Smoked: Fresh bulk

Purchased From: El Fumador, Sewickley, PA

Similar Blends: Similarly named Newminster Very Cherry #3, but not as good..