Muris sur les celebres coteaux de la vallee, nos veritables TABACS SEMOIS 100% naturels vous enchanteront par leur classe et la finesse de leur arome.

"Grown on the hills of the valley, our 100% natural Semis tobaccos will enchant you with their class and the beauty of their aroma."

BrandJ.P. Couvert
Taste
Lit a Kia Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Lit a Kia (35)
Medium to Strong None Detected Medium Pleasant

For background, see my review of Couvert's Cordemoy: http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/5716/jp-couvert-cordemoy

As I understand it (my French is suspect), Vallee ("Semois Superieur," according to the label) is Couvert's strongest Semois. It offers the same kinds of flavors as Cordemoy, but they dance around a much stiffer backbone of earthy tobacco that is, again, way more flavorful than burleys grown just about anywhere else. Seems to have stronger nicotine content than the Cordemoy too.

I enjoy it, but this doesn't have quite the same magic. I have had success mixing it in with Cordemoy when I'm looking for a little more oomph.

As with Cordemoy, I've found wide bowls, briar or cob, work best with this one. Haven't tried it in a (non-Missouri) meerschaum yet.