A wonderfully cool smoke that not only tastes good it also makes the room smell fantastic! Caramel Apple Pie is composed of Green River Black Cavendish, Apple, Caramel, and Red Virginias.

BrandHearth & Home
Very Pleasant, Pleasant
Ethan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Ethan (34)
Very Mild Very Mild Mild Pleasant

I really wanted to like this blend. At the end of the day what you end up with is a decent sweet tobacco. I didn't really detect much apple flavor at all, and slight caramel flavor. It's not a great blend, and it won't kill me to finish the tin. Some of it may end up in my "suicide blend" jar in the cellar tough. I probably won't purchase another after this one is gone.

Age When Smoked: new, just opened

Purchased From:

TXBulldog Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TXBulldog (53)
Mild to Medium Mild Very Mild Pleasant

I found myself somewhat disappointed with this blend. I can't say it was a bad smoke. I can't say I really got much from it in character though either. For me, it was just kind of there. I didn't pick up any apple note and not much from the caramel either. Otherwise, it was a generally good smoke with an even disposition. My batch wasn't overly sweet in any way. There was just a slight tone of sweetness that never really pulled through to round the corner for me. Not something I'd get again. But, good enough to finish off.

Pipe Used: La Strada Bulldog, Red Point Austrian

Age When Smoked: new, 6 mos, 1 yr

Purchased From: P&C

cabowers2 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
cabowers2 (1)
Very Mild Extremely Mild Mild Very Pleasant

This was my second smoke. No bite and stayed lit through the whole bowl. I'm not experienced enough yet to comment on the complexity, but it was a nice smoke.

Pipe Used: Brigham Mountaineer

J.R. Patton Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
J.R. Patton (6)
Extremely Mild Very Mild Mild Very Pleasant

The description is accurate, but the apple flavoring is very subtle here, at least in my opinion. I taste predominantly caramel. Moisture content is perfect, and as always with Russ' aromatics that I've sampled, no goopiness or excessive PG. Tobacco burns easily and evenly, with one match light, and I get stable flavor to the bottom of the bowl. By that, I mean the flavor isn't fouled or soured the further into the smoke I get. The virginias can smoke a little hot, but they are subdued by the smoothness of the green river present. I slowed my cadence here, and was rewarded with a cool, creamy bite-free experience. This is a decent and original aromatic, one that I will likely return to along with Egg Nog during the holiday season.

Pipe Used: Meerschaum