Fire-cured Cavendish tobaccos are blended with a hint of flavor to create an exceptionally mild, slow burning smoke. Virginia Gold sets the standard for a smooth smoke that never bites.

Notes: Still available OTC, but Pipesandcigars.com has the exclusive right for online marketing.

BrandVirginia Gold
Taste
Rockyfame Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Rockyfame (1)
Very Mild Very Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I had purchased this tobacco in a Rite-Aid drugstore near my home and I was pleasantly surprise by how smooth this tobacco is. There is absolutely no bite and if you like aromatic tobaccos that burn slow this one did it for me.

Pipe Used: meershaum & briar

Age When Smoked: as soon as I opened the package

Purchased From: Rite-Aid drugstore in Eastport, NY

Marshall Smith Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Marshall Smith (5)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Great value and very good blend. Black Cavendish is obviously not the new kid on the block when it comes to common tobacco blends but there is a reason it has remained popular so long and that because it adds nothing unwanted to a smoking experience and takes nothing away in satisfaction. Although the Virginia Gold brand is not the top shelf of Cavendish it is still in my opinion the best Black Cavendish you can get pound for pound when you figure in cost.

Pipe Used: Dr G Briar

Purchased From: Cherokee TS

Wow! My goodness, this stuff is good. Flavor is a little hard to describe, but I'll try. Dark roasted vanilla bean. Maybe dark toasted vanilla bean. I get a hint of dark roasted coffee bean sometimes. A sweet caramel note. None of that is exactly right, but it's not exactly wrong either. Like I said, hard to describe. This just made my favorites list. I can smoke this all day, every day and never tire of it. You just have to try this. Smokes cool. No harshness, no bite. Very smooth.

Here's the only down side. It's wet and sticky. Doesn't dry well and requires three, sometimes four, lights to get it going. Trust me though, it's worth the extra matches. Once going it stays lit. Only a slight amount of stickiness left in the bowl afterwards. That's ok, I've got a cob dedicated to it.

Mild in body. Mild to medium in flavor. Wonderful tobacco and priced right.

Pipe Used: MM Country Gentleman, MM Mark Twain