BrandJohn Dengler
Taste
TomT_90GT Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TomT_90GT (2)
Mild Medium Very Mild Very Pleasant

Very reminiscent of Captain Black or Lane 1Q, although I haven't smoked either of those in awhile, so I may be off a bit.

Bag smell is delicious, and the room note for this is very nice. I find the taste a bit bland and lacking flavor, but nothing off-putting.

The sample I picked up was pretty 'wet'. I found I'd have to leave some out in a coffee filter or paper towel for about an hour or so before smoking. Even then, it was still a bit more damp than I like, but it would burn well. I've only had about 3 bowls so far, and the last two weren't finished before I was done (during my 45-minute drive home after work), so I can't tell if there is any 'goop' at the bottom of the bowl. As far as I could tell, though, there wasn't. Seemed to burn 'clean'. No tongue bite noticeable, even though I was smoking it a bit agressively.

The flavoring, I believe, is supposed to be spiced rum, but is very similar to the 'vanilla' families of aromatics.

Overall a good but not great aromatic. It is one of the newer ones carried by John Dengler Tobacconist, and as of now isn't shown on their website.

Pipe Used: Barton Baron

Purchased From: John Dengler Tobacconist, St Charles, MO

Similar Blends: Captain Black, Lane 1Q.