We took our flake 556 a couple miles further! This dark-ish, thick yet easily rubbed flake contains Matured Virginias, Stoved Virginias, Perique and a bit of Fire Cured. Not as pungent as 556 but you will love it's subtly sweet perfectly balanced flavor. Medium strength.

BrandWatch City Cigar
Blended ByErnie Q.
Blend TypeVirginia Based
ContentsPerique, Virginia
Strength
Extremely Mild
Taste
Mild to Medium Extremely Mild Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

How many cigar/pipe shops in America still create their very own flakes and kakes? My guess is that it is less than five. But as with the other flakes and kakes that I have tried from Watch City, Flake #558 doesn’t disappoint. #558 is a flake that is cut a little on the thick side and the pouch sent offers a deep, earthy, slightly sweet scent. Flake #558 is comprised of red, bright and stoved Virginias with added perique. The flake is a little on the darker side than Old Dominion, another WC flake I am working my way through. I thought there might be just a pinch of added Cavendish in there too, but it was just the effect the stoved had on the blend. But that is just a guess. Due to the thickness of the flake, I prefer to let it dry a bit and then break it up into small pieces with a little fully rubbed out to get the party started. In the pipe, this is one smooth flake with no hint of bite. #558 burns cool and slightly sweet. Kudos to Watch City on another fine blend. I can’t wait to see what three or four years in the cellar will do to this one. Good stuff!

Purchased From: Watch City Cigar