Created by Dan and J.M. in the fall of 2013. A rich, buttery blend of black and Cavendish, reminiscent of fresh baked cupcakes and sweet butter cream frosting.

BrandBoswell Pipes & Tobacco
Blended ByBoswell Pipes & Tobacco
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Cavendish
FlavoringButter, Caramel, Cream, Sweet / Sugar
Strength
Very Mild, Mild to Medium
Medium to Strong, Strong
Taste

3.6
Hanzy4200 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Hanzy4200 (12)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

If you're a sweet aromatic smoker, this is a must have. Absolutely delicious. I've worked my way through most all of Boswells blends, and they just seem to get better every time. This is definitely a full aromatic. This is not one for those who like light casings. Whenever I'm in the mood for something sweet and rich, this is the one I grab.

Pipe Used: Magic Inch

Purchased From: Boswells

A.E. Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
A.E. (22)
Very Mild Strong Full Pleasant to Tolerable

I am thoroughly impressed with the Boswells - their customer service is superb (very rare these days) and their aromatic blends are quite well done. I'm not an avid aromatic smoker, but their blends tend to be light enough in casing that the tobacco flavors show through. Their choice of foundation tobaccos seem to be of high quality - a true testimony to the integrity of their house. Having said all of that, "Cupcake" is essentially just as described - very, very "cupcakey". The person who won the 'Name that Blend' contest for this one hit it right on the nose. To the blenders credit, there is no dishonesty in the name. The blend smells and tastes exactly like a child's buttercream topped cupcake. It reminded me of those sweet pink, green, yellow and blue frosting covered cupcakes I used to help my children make for bake sale day in elementary school. While those are fond memories, they aren't so cherished that I want to smoke them. Cupcake is simply too sweet and heavily flavored for me. It's a little sticky and gummy in hand, and without any real robust tobacco base at all, at least for my taste. Make no mistake, I am still an ardent fan of Boswell's tobacco blends and pipes. This particular blend is just not for me. I recommend it for those who have a serious 'sweet tooth' when it comes to their tobacco.

Pipe Used: Brebbia Churchwarden

Age When Smoked: Freshly blended

Purchased From: Boswells Pipes

Gibs Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Gibs (1)
Very Mild Strong Mild Very Pleasant

The taste, the smell... It's all there. It lives up to the name. Highly recommended for anyone with a sweet tooth. Surprisingly I found that the sweetness is enhanced towards the end of the bowl. Another win for Boswell.

Pipe Used: 1960 stanwell nosewarmer

Purchased From: JM Boswell & Son

Ethan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Ethan (34)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Very Full Very Pleasant

I received a sample of this with my last order and was invited to give it a name as a contest to win a pound of it. My submission was not chosen but none the less this is a great blend. I smoked the whole 1 oz sample before i really even tried the others i had ordered. I am glad they finally named it because now i can order some, which i just did a few days ago and should be here very shortly. I can't wait to thoroughly enjoy another sit down with this blend. It is smooth, sweet, and cool burning. Not too wet but i find that all Boswell blends are of good moisture content. This blend also has a wonderful room note that is often REQUESTED in my household. A must try for any aromatic enthusiast, and another home run by Boswell's.

Pipe Used: Savinelli 320 KS

Age When Smoked: Fresh, new

Purchased From: Boswell Pipes & Tobacco

ski2liv Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ski2liv (16)

A winner for sure... this blend lives up to it's name... it's sweet before it's lit, it's sweet while it burns and it's even sweet at the bottom of the bowl. It's not just sweet- it's sugary sweet. A lot of sweet aromatics lose their sweetness at the end, often the base tobacco shines through, and sometimes the horrible bottom of the bowl sneaks up on you. In this case the sweetness mellowed but didn't ever drop out and the base blend of tobacco come on stronger - huge plus for me. I honestly thought this was TOO sweet for me when I opened the pouch, but I am very pleasantly surprised at the bottom of bowl #1 that I want more. Boswells high quality tobaccos and subtle hand on casings shows through with this blend.

I was a little disappointed by how mellow the start of the bowl was but it got better and better as it went along... I HIGHLY recommend this blend to anyone who likes sweetness. Mild, warm burning (but NOT hot), and a very nice room note. I am going to give this a rare 4 star review... and again- I wasn't impressed when I started...

Pipe Used: Grabow Color Duke Bent Bulldog