Black Cavendish, some Vanilla, and a hint of Maple are combined to create a wonderfully aromatic, mild, smoking experience. The aroma is an elegant vanilla with a hint of maple. The room note couldn't be any better.

Brand4noggins

3.8
Underground Cat Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Underground Cat (5)
Mild to Medium Medium Full Very Pleasant

Superb tobacco. This was my first tobacco from 4noggins and certainly not my last. Every time I smoke 'Thomas Blend', I become anxious and anticipate my next smoke. It smells rich, full, and makes me take a moment to appreciate its smell. The smoke itself is smooth, round, and pleasant; no burn and no acidity. Its room note is pleasant and gets complimented. I plan on wearing its scent as a cologne, by keeping some of it on hand in a ziplock bag. This tobacco is excellent and say “quality” for me – relative to my virginia and virgin taste buds. Note: I've tried 11 different tobaccos, 7 of which were Virginia/Cavendish/Burley blends.

Pipe Used: Lorenzetti Constantine 24

Mild to Medium Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

A fantastic Black Cavendish blend that smells like heaven when it starts to burn. 4Noggins says vanilla and maple but it starts to remind me of pie crust coming out of the oven when it gets going. I like to give it a little drying time (as one would expect with Black Cavendish) so it behaves well in the pipe, but the payoff for that is a long, cool smoke.

TMacpherson Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TMacpherson (3)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I think Rich is probably the best blender for my tastes. Every blend I've gotten from 4noggins has been of the highest quality tobacco and the work of a true artist. This one keeps up the tradition. I can smoke this blend year round. Each component plays its part but blend together to produce a smooth smoke with little or no dottle. A truly wonderful blend that I highly recommend.

Pipe Used: Charatan Salisbury

J.R. Patton Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
J.R. Patton (69)
Very Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Rich is an underrated blender, and this is a delicious offering from the many in his catalog. I'm not a diehard aro fan by any means, but about every 6th or 7th pipe I like to enjoy a good one. If it wasn't for his Three Blind Moose, Thomas' blend would be my go to aromatic, but it's found its rightful place in my rotation nonetheless.

Very moist, right out of the bag, but it will burn well. Better with a little dry time, however. Smells a little like chocolate chip cookie batter to me, with caramel and hints of rum or very strong vanilla extract. Love it. Flavors carry over nicely into the smoke, and the dessert-like room note is astounding. I'd enjoy smelling this all the time, but alas, I'm the one providing the smoke. The smoke is cool, never bitey, creamy and sweet, without leaving filmy mouth coating a la molto dolce. Very enjoyable smoke...I'd actually give this one 3.5 (reserving 4 only for my personal favorites). It could well deserve a 4 for some.

Pipe Used: MM cobs

Purchased From: 4noggins.com

Giovanni Palomino Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Giovanni Palomino (21)
Medium Mild Medium Very Pleasant

Its aroma in the package is very nice a touch of vanilla and maple syrup, I enjoy it more in a corn pipe because it is a mixture something hot but not burn you the language the aroma in the room is pretty special but is more like sweet toasted Walnut but not as a dessert but rather as a jam fine well-elaborated and different is that it recommend to buy

Hillbilly08 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Hillbilly08 (35)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Very pleasant and mild cavendish with light flavouring. Not sure if it really is pure black Cavendish or a mix of Cavendish with Black Cavendish (possibly only differing in the degree of stoving). There are light brown strands mixed through with the dark brown and almost black ribbons.

The pouch smell is clean and mild, with nice maple aroma, apart from tobacco and a slight hint of vanilla. Although typically moist, it lights well and stays lit. Good flavour from the start, with vanilla as an undertone and with maple present throughout the bowl. No particular variation in tobacco flavour through the bowl, just a well mannered sweet dark cavendish. No bite, good consistency of aroma, and a crusty white ash. An easy daily smoke that makes you feel like all is well with the world.

This is easily a new aromatic favourite. It beats an expensive alternative like Davidoff "Red" blend hands down. Superb new offering from Rich Gottlieb, and a sibling to his "Otter Creek" and "Catamount".

Pipe Used: Winslow (Stanwell) briar 9mm filter

Age When Smoked: fresh out of packet

oldorder Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
oldorder (22)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I'm a rope, flake, and cake guy with some occasional Five Brothers. But this is my go to aro. Haven't tasted better and superb room note...wife is always asking me to smoke it...

Pipe Used: Various cobs and briars

Age When Smoked: From the pouch ?

Purchased From: 4noggins

Similar Blends: Best brown sugar, maple yet....

Longstreet Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Longstreet (6)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Without a doubt one of the very best aromatics I have ever smoked. The flavor stays consistent from start to finish. It burns well down to a fine ash with a round very pleasant taste. I taste the maple just about as much as the vanilla. The room note is very good. It seems that with 4noggins aromatics the pouch note and the flavor are very close to each other. This is a sweet aromatic but that is the way I like them. I think that this blend like most should be enjoyed fresh or only moderately aged.

Pipe Used: Edwards Algerian briar

Age When Smoked: From fresh to moderately aged

Purchased From: 4noggins

Similar Blends: Edwards Blackbeard which was my favorite until Edwards ceased production..