BrandVan Rossems
Manufactured ByScandinavian Tabacco Group
ContentsCavendish
Packaging1.76 oz Pouch
CountryNL
Strength
Very Mild, Mild to Medium
Extremely Mild, Very Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium to Strong
Taste
Unnoticeable, Very Pleasant, Pleasant, Tolerable
1.3
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

The gold cavendish is honey and citrusy sweet. The topping is like a mild butterscotch. Burns well and fairly even with few relights for a course cut. It's a pleasant enough fairly one dimensional all day smoke, but I can only give it two stars because if you puff at even a moderate rate, you can experience tongue bite. It does leave a nice after taste.

rockindokken Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
rockindokken (2)
Very Mild Extremely Mild Overwhelming Unnoticeable

When you open this pouch, there's a sweet smell of raisin or prune. I'd almost compare it to the smell of Marlboro Lights. It was on the dry side for being a freshly opened pouch.

I packed the pipe, hoping that there'd be something redeeming about his tobacco. I have yet to find something. It smokes very hot, and it tastes terrible. I think I'd have better luck with burning grass clippings. I shared this with a smoking buddy, mad did I feel like a jerk. The tobacco went in the trash, and the terrible taste hung around all day. Never Again will Troost grace my pipe.

Pipe Used: GBD Virgin Bent Billiard

Age When Smoked: Fresh Pack

Purchased From: Free Sample

Similar Blends: Burning Trash.

The Deus Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
The Deus (1)
Very Mild Very Mild Very Mild Pleasant

This tobacco had a nice pouch smell. It lit well and and burned a bit warm. The flavor was very mild, absent really. It was very boring, halfway through the bowl it began to feel like a chore to smoke.

Pipe Used: Cob

Domwon Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Domwon (1)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Tolerable

I bought this online as a 5 different Aromatic Cavendish Blends from Holland. It was Medium dry. I smoked it in a filtered pipe and I still got Tongue Bite. pleasant taste, room note fair.

Pipe Used: Alligator