Notes: carried by smokingpipes.com as Newminster No. 47 Danish Black

Manufactured ByVilliger
Blend TypeCavendish Based
ContentsBlack Cavendish
FlavoringFruit / Citrus, Vanilla
Strength
Very Mild, Mild
Taste
Mild, Full

2.5
Thorre Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Thorre (27)
Mild Medium Full Very Pleasant

I ordered 8 oz.s of No. 47 Danish Black from the fine folks at Pipes and Cigars. I saw this in a B&M and gave it a whiff, ran it through my fingers, and it seemed like a good Black Cav. Something I could smoke inside without the smell bothering the wife and kids. Got it today. after a couple of bowls, I am pleasantly surprised. Smells great in the bag, and after I loaded my Viking and puffing without a light, I knew this would taste really good. A vanilla, rum smell. The taste lit is even better, but the thing I like best about this blend is that it does not set my tongue on fire like some Danish blends. Not as heavily cased as, say Lane BCA. It smoked down to a clean ash, and does not gurgle. Have had many compliments on the smell. Even in public, which in this climate of PC is a shock. Overall, a very good smoke. The price is nice as well.

Similar Blends: Lane BCA. Peter Stokkebye Black Danske..

bob323 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
bob323 (43)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

Nice little pay-no-mind black Cavendish with fruit and caramel casing...Casing, as in most black cavendishes overwhelms the taste of the tobacco...But, you don't smoke black Cavendish for the tobacco...You smoke for the casing(s) and for the fact that the wife doesn't run your butt out of the house when you light up...Pleasant change from the ubiquitous vanilla flavoring.

Pipe Used: various in testing

Age When Smoked: purchased within the week

Similar Blends: any other non-descript black Cavendish which is heavily cased..