A traditional English blend with the perfect amount
of smokey and sweet with some beautiful Orientals to
give an amazing balance. Gandalf's favorite blend

BrandMiddle Earth Tobacco
Blended ByNat Clark
ContentsLatakia
Packaging30g Jar
Strength
Extremely Mild
Taste
Unnoticeable
Skibbereen Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Skibbereen (5)
Extremely Mild Very Mild Very Mild Unnoticeable

This is my first experience with Middle Earth tobaccos and I am very pleased. Just great tobacco blends. I bought 5 tins (they come in 30g tins). Upon opening FF you see some beautiful reddish/ blondish brown and black speckled flakes. Just like a English blend should pretty much look like. Nice moisture level for me, just a tad damp, and mildly sweetish fruity aroma with just a hint of A1 steak sauce. Remind you folks of any other brand of tobacco? Packs very well. Nice small ribbon cut with nice size chunks of latakia. The charring light is very smooth and mild. The rest of the bowl is just as mild and smooth with a nice easy burn. I can taste the latakia but it is not overpowering. I have to add I am a latakia junkie. I just love it. It burns pretty even all the way to the bottom of the bowl. No bite or bitterness. Burned with no relights with a medium gray ash. You can taste the quality of the tobacco but it is rather mundane. I can taste the oriental on the exhale through the nose...which is nice and tangy. Other than that nothing really jumps out at you except the latakia, and as I said, even that is very well behaved. So...there is nothing earth shattering I can say about this blend other than you do know you are smoking a quality, well blended tobacco. If you like "very mild", and enjoy a very light latakia blend, you will definitely enjoy this blend. I am giving it 4 stars because the quality is there. This is definitely a very high quality blend. And...it does go very well with cream porter or stout....lovely combo!

Pipe Used: Peterson Limerick 268/ Donegal Rocky 80S

Age When Smoked: Pipe-15 years / Tobacco-Freshly Opened

Purchased From: MiddleEarthTobacco.com

Similar Blends: The closest blends I could compare this to is a milder version of Dunhill 965, LEO and Rattray's Black Mallory..