A mellow blend of bright Virginia from 3 contients with a hint of burley. Flavors of nougat, vanilla and chocolate create a natural sweet blend with a delicious taste and aroma- for the distinct pipe smoker.

Notes: Nougat Vanilla Chocolate

Strength
Taste
SeoulSister Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SeoulSister (24)

When I first started smoking a pipe in 2011, I tried a few aromatics and didn’t like any of them and found I enjoyed English blends more. But wanting to try something new, I thought I would give it another shot. My first attempt was with Comoy’s Cask #9. The first thing I noticed is that the smell of this is softer and more subtle in the jar. It feels drier and is not sticky to the touch and it doesn’t seem to have any black Cavendish, which I was happy about. I find this to be mild and taste the vanilla right away. What I like about Cask #9 is that it is sweet, but not overly sweet. It isn’t overpowering and I can taste the tobacco. Along with the vanilla, I can taste the nougat too, but the chocolate is very much in the background. I really enjoyed this blend and it’s made me interested in trying others like it.

Comoy’s Cask No. 9 is a lovely aromatic that isn’t overpowered by the casing. I find the vanilla to be the most forward of the flavors with a bit of nuttiness in the background. The chocolate seems to appear more in the second half of the bowl. I prefer Virginias over Burley, so it’s more to my liking. It burns clean, with no goop and the tobacco flavor plays along with the casing rather than be taken over by it. There is no bite that I could detect in the half ounce that I smoked. Sold in bulk, it makes for a nice, well-behaved lite aromatic. If you like Erik Stokkebye’s 4th Generation 1957, (minus the chocolate) you will probably find a home here too as they are of the same ilk.

musicman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
musicman (81)

I have grown a deep appreciation for all of the Comoy cask blends. Great tobaccos at bulk prices.

My personal favorite in the Comoy arsenal is Cask No.2. This blend, Cask No.9 is good, but not as good as No.2

An argument can be made whether this is an aromatic blend, or a Va blend this is lightly topped. I personally would put this in the aromatic category. The first thing to notice about this blend is the wonderful tin note and the perfect moisture level. The cut is a very fine and fluffy ribbon. I would even venture to say it could be considered a shag cut. this makes the blend very easy to fill a pipe and light. The cut does lend it to burn fast so pack the pipe a little more than usual and focus on slow smoking. The flavors are nice but not exciting.

I would not hesitate to recommend any of the Comoy tobaccos. Definitely give it a try.

NavyGuy85 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
NavyGuy85 (5)

Not one for flavored Va's but WOW! Perfectly executed and wonderfully cool and thick clouds of smoke!