Natural aroma, a mixture of Virginia, Java, Maryland, and Burley.

BrandImperial Tobacco Group, PLC
ContentsBurley, Maryland, Virginia
Packaging40 gram pouch
CountryNL
Strength
Taste
Mild None Detected Mild to Medium Tolerable

Thin ribbons in an unsealed pouch, so this is dry and burns quickly. Fortunately, it also burns fairly cool. The Maryland (and I presume the Java) give this subtle flavors and a bit of complexity, although the burley is the base flavor (and the VA the base of the room note). Certainly a change of pace, well work seeking out.

metalhead Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
metalhead (18)
Mild None Detected Mild Tolerable

this is what ive wrote on ( het pijprokers-forum )dutch pipesmokers forum. its a "baai" -tobacco light sweetness, spicy with cigar-ish tendecies. a bigger pipes will make it smoke cooler then a small pipe, so a big pipe is reogmended. also smoke it as slow as you dare!

Mild None Detected Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

In the 70's when I was in Holland, I picked up some Coopvaert and liked it a lot. I smoked several pouches of it. When I got back to the states, I looked for it. I finally found a large tin. I think it was at Garfinkel's in Washington, DC. A friend bought some with an order and sent me a pouch.

The tobacco is very dry and is a very long thin ribbon. It is described as "Natural aroma, a mixture of Virginia, Java, Maryland, and Burley." It smokes very cool and it is a quick smoke. It is a mild VaBur with a slight spiciness - maybe this is the Java? It is a remarkably good smoke for me.

If you are in Holland and looking at OTC tobaccos, I suggest you give it a try.