We could've called it Grandmas Cherry Pie or something clever, but well let the tobacco do the talking on this one. Mild, Aromatic with a wonderful cherry flavor that lasts throughout your bowl. Never Bites.

Notes: 2013 IPCPR release

2.4
russ Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
russ (25)
Very Mild Mild Mild Very Pleasant

Purchased this to once again try a cherry blend. My heart told me that I have been disappointed in the past with cherry blends--Not so with this one. As I opened the tin I was greeted by a cherry/bread like aroma that was delicious to the nose. As I looked at the tobacco I got an even more pleasant surprise. The moisture content was just right and the tobacco was not all goopy from the casings. That really caught me off guard as I suspected I would open the tin to find a goopy over cased mess--I did not. I loaded several style pipes with this blend and as I smoked it I noted that the cherry and bread like notes were in the background--not in the fore front over powering the tobacco. It burns nice, tastes nice and for a cherry blend really left me impressed as my original thoughts were that I was actually going to hate this stuff as in the past other cherry blends I have tried have left my throat burning. This was a tobacco that I can honestly say really caught me off guard and has left me rethinking about being so quick to jump to conclusions before giving things a chance. The room note is nice and over all I can say I would recommend this to those who like cherry. Its a more subtle blend with those cherry notes remaining in the background as it is smoked. Also I had no goopy mess in my pipes when done. I went from telling myself that I would end up giving the tin away after trying a few bowls to actually wanting to try their other offerings and I plan on buying another tin of this soon.

Pipe Used: small, medium, large bowl briars

Clayton Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Clayton (1)
Mild to Medium Mild Very Mild Unnoticeable

The tin note from this blend is amazing, sadly that is the only redeeming quality of this tobacco. The tobacco in the tin was bone dry, the cherry flavor came through the pipe as I tested the draw but disappeared as soon as the pipe was lit. All I could taste after lighting was burley and bite! I tried different pipes, slowed down my pace and everything else I could to make this a pleasant experience, no luck! All in all I wasted a lot of time and money trying to make this stuff work, I sincerely believe the blenders need to take this one back to the drawing board.

Pipe Used: MM country gentleman, and several others

Age When Smoked: Fresh out of the box

Purchased From: Pipesandcigars.com

p.Holloway Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
p.Holloway (8)
Mild Very Mild Very Mild Strong

Greeted by wonderful mixture of cherry and nutty notes when opened. I found this blend tastes better when its packed very tight in the bowl and smoked slowly. The flavor will last till the end and there is no bite. However if your an excessive puffer all you'll get is bite and burn. Of course everyone has their own repertoire with a pipe. But trust me on this one..... just let the flame of your match barely touch the tobacco, puff slowly and gently... and you have a very enjoyable smoke.

Pipe Used: Peterson Calabash, Dr. Grabow Duke

manxman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
manxman (13)
Mild Very Mild Very Mild Pleasant

I was pleased by the strong cherry smell in the tin. However, this is misleading. It only has a slight sweet flavor. I will have to compare it to the bulk cherry tobacco that I can purchase locally for $3 an ounce. The 50g tin cost $12 here in Connecticut. Some nicotine. Tastes better in a better quality pipe, go figure. I don't think the cost is justified. No bite, but smokes wet. Caused a gurgle that needs to be cleared with a pipe cleaner. I left the lid off the tin for several days to dry it out enough to smoke.

Pipe Used: danish briar-medium bowl

Purchased From: local tobacconist

Similar Blends: Captain Black Cherry, Middleton's Cherry.

CenTex Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CenTex (15)

I found this blend disappointing. Opened the tin and was greeted with a strong cherry smell. Unfortunately, the smell did not translate to the smoke. No real flavor. Not much to say at all about the smoking experience. It stayed lit, but just didn't taste like much of anything. I will put it away and revisit in the future, but right now, I cannot recommend this tobacco.

Pipe Used: Savinelli 413, Jirsa Poker