Trout Stream is a mixture of Golden Cavendish mixed with a sweet Black Cavendish with an rich butterscotch aroma and a smooth flavor. Stays lit easily and is mild enough for any time of day. It’s perfect for tying flies or stepping out of your tent on a cool misty morning.

Brand4noggins
Blended ByRich Gottlieb
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Cavendish
FlavoringCaramel
Strength
Strong
Taste
Full

David Douthitt Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
David Douthitt (2)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Full Very Pleasant

I am normally not one for aros, at all; this one is the exception. It smells fantastic in the package, and even better lit. It has a sweet butterscotch flavor without being cloying or leaving a bad taste in your mouth or goop in your pipe. This is as good as it gets in the aromatic world. I'm off to buy more!

Pipe Used: Mastro de Paja, Nording

Purchased From: 4noggins

Boswell Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Boswell (7)
Mild Strong Medium Very Pleasant

My favourite tobaccos have always been English and Balkan blends, but recently I have been adding some aromatics to my rotation, and I have really enjoyed Trout Stream. It burns very coolly and easily with no bite. It has taken me a while to learn how to appreciate the subtle flavours in the actual tobacco taste of some aromatics (I find it much easier to taste the mix of flavours in English blends), but the excellent burning properties of Trout Stream allow one to appreciate the nutty, slightly peppery and chocolatey notes of the Cavendish.

The butterscotch aroma is quite strong in the bag, but I found it was well-balanced in the taste, and didn't overwhelm the underpinning mild tobacco taste.

Pipe Used: MM diplomat

Purchased From: 4noggins

Underground Cat Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Underground Cat (5)
Mild to Medium Strong Full Pleasant

I am still new to noticing the subtle effects, tastes, and smells of tobacco, however, when I first smoked Trout Stream, it was beyond obvious that this was an excellent smoke, from which I learned a lot about all the other tobaccos I own. Its aroma is delicate, rich, and very addictive - it whispers in the night to be sniffed and I carry it around all day. When I smoke this tobacco, I am under the impression that I know what a quality and delicious tobacco taste like. It doesn't leave a mark/after-scent in my pipe. Its very smooth and balanced. Its butterscotch and vanilla, and kinda coffee like too, aroma is just AMAZING. Then again I am a strong aromatic tobacco lover. One of my all time favorite tobaccos (out of the 15 I've tried).

Pipe Used: Lorenzetti Constantine 24

tango Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
tango (11)
Mild Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

A 100% Cavendish mixture that smells almost exactly like Three Blind Moose, and elicits the same responses from bystanders. It burns clean and cool if you know how to smoke flavored blends, tastes mild and pleasant, and does not overwhelm with nicotine.

Don't smoke this in public if you're feeling antisocial. People will want to talk about it.

Purchased From: 4noggins.com