Lemon yellow, red and dark Virginias are combined with broad cut black Cavendish. A little hint of Burley, rounded with granulates of Virginia tobacco gives this mixture and extravagant aroma. All together these splendid exotic aromas of mellow mango in combination with Caribbean rum permeate the senses and result in a marvelous smoking experience.

BrandPeterson
Blended ByKohlhase & Kopp
FlavoringFruit / Citrus, Rum
PackagingCellophane in a hinged tin
CountryUnknown
Strength
Mild, Mild to Medium, Strong
Taste
Mild, Medium, Medium to Full
gunner525 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
gunner525 (43)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant

Ah, Peterson's yearly summer offering. I love these limited edition blends from Peterson. The tin artwork is always splendid, the blends are usually top notch, and I love the fact they are sold in 100 grams since only a certain number of tins are produced. I picked up a tin as soon as it hit the American market last week. I've had about a dozen bowls of it so far, so I feel a review is okay at this time.

Last year's was quite a disappointment, so I didn't know what to expect from this year.

This time it's a wonderful top dressing of mango and Caribbean rum. A much better flavoring than last year's lime which overpowered the coconut and rum.

It's mostly a Virginia blend with a few different kinds accented by some Burley and a bit more Black Cavendish. In the tin it's a beautiful arrangement of colors.

When you crack the tin you get a wonderful nose full of mango. It smells a lot like mango yogurt, if you've ever had it.

The moisture level is a bit on the high side. You can smoke a bowl right out of the tin, but I warn you it will burn a bit hotter and might gurgle a bit. For the best experience I'd suggest filling the pipe and letting it sit about fifteen minutes before lighting it.

Once it's the right moisture level it packs well. The leaf takes a char and true light nicely and burns evenly into a nice white ash, indicating a quality leaf.

As far as flavor goes the mango and rum are rather apparent and a bit on the strong side when you light it up, but they mellow out as the bowl begins to burn. After the first light up the mango and rum come through at a nice pace and I'm left with a wonderful sweet Virginia after taste. The flavoring isn't chemically to me.

I haven't experienced any tongue bite yet with this blend. The room note is rather nice. I tend to get a number of compliments from those around me.

Overall this is a quality aromatic and if you're interest is piqued by it don't hesitate to snatch up a tin or two. These yearly offerings from Peterson tend to sell out rather quick.

krg1000 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
krg1000 (121)

Another fine addition to the Peterson line of aromatics. This seems to have a very nice tin note and room note. This one ought to get you some positive remarks from passersby. All the elements seem to come together nicely in this blend. I agree with the other reviewers remarks below. Recommended.

TheJayBee Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TheJayBee (48)
Mild Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

K&K special editions for Peterson and for themselves are always a mixture of Virginias (almost always red and bright), Cavendish and Burley; which is a superb mixture by itseilf.

What really changes is the flavouring they use. This Peterson Summertime special had a strong Mango tin note which is absolutely fantastic. The Smoke is lovely, but I found the flavouring too overpowering and sometimes I felt it stayed in my tongue even when I was not puffing. Not too much Rum detected. A decent smoke though.