Building from a base of loose-cut golden Virginia, ready-rubbed Burley, and a special Virgina Cavendish, Mac Baren's Cube Silver then combines twenty-four other carefully proportioned components to produce a deep, sweet, fruity connoisseur's aromatic mixture with a consistent and balanced quality.

BrandMac Baren

Taste
Pleasant to Tolerable, Tolerable
2.3
Mild to Medium Very Strong Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant to Tolerable

This one is pretty bad to my taster. I found it the least enjoyable of the cube series. For some reason, it tasted like baby powder to me. The topping was so overwhelming I tasted no tobacco underneath. Also, it was a bit on the cloying side.

This one fails miserably in my test of an aromatic. I typically will not slam an aro too much on the topping alone, if I can taste a nice tobacco base underlying the topping. With this I just get the hot air, that I despise from an aro, so I don't recommend this one at all.

Pipe Used: Meerschaum

Lingo Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Lingo (8)
Mild to Medium Strong Medium to Full Tolerable

My dealer gave me this one to test because I told him I liked aromatics. One of us is out of mind. This stuff is simply not smokeable, probably was taken from an autumn perfumed pout-pourri. Stay away.

Pipe Used: Savinelli Punto Oro

Bram Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bram (4)
Mild Strong Medium to Full Pleasant

An absolute favourite of mine. One of my most exciting pipe moments was when I opened my first pouch of Silver: the flavour is something no other blend has come close to, mixing sweet fruity and nutty notes with hints of tropical fruits and perhaps caramel. The smoke never disappoints, with a taste so close to the pouch note that one wonders if the fruits are in there somewhere in the tobacco itself! This is a real delicacy for the tongue to relish. Very pleasant room note, too.

Pipe Used: Angelo briar, Medico Husky

Similar Blends: Cube Gold.

guitarboy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
guitarboy (1)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Tolerable

I tried this tobacco today. the first thing i noticed, was the smell of the tobacco, when i opened the pouch. It´s difficult to discribe it. It was some kind of nut-flavour. but also mellow and some kind of fruity.

But now we´ll come to the smoke. It has kind of a fruity buquet. But the main part of the taste is based on a golden virginia. For me, the taste is not intensive enough.

fact: a quiet good tobacco, but not good enough for such a high prize

Pipe Used: capitello Bent filterpipe

Strong Strong Extra Full Pleasant to Tolerable

This is a ribbon cut danish aromatic with just a little broken flake, and hydrated to the perfect level for smoking. The tobacco smells stronger in the pouch than in the room or your mouth, though it's rather pungent. I get several tropical fruity flavors here, including some vanilla from the black cavendish. The burley adds a very slight nutty sweetness, and the Oriental/Turkish components are there to push a little spice to your tongue. The gold Virginia has some citrus, and I taste apricots and mangos, with light date spots. The cocoa is silky creamy. Virginia cavendish also sweetens the pot. The topping is fragrant and sharply sweet, with a few sour notes, which is typical of many Danish aromatics. Best to sip this one or risk a little head rush. I'd rather rate this at two and half stars, but since that option isn't available, and this is not a two star blend in the genre, I rate it three stars. Good stuff, just too intense for my personal taste.

albfneto Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
albfneto (165)
Mild Extremely Mild Mild Unnoticeable

In Some reviews, the authors said that this, Cube Silver, is the same Blend than the traditional "Cube" Blend,

But this may be not true, since the formulas of the 2 Blends are very different.

This is a Blend very similar to the related "Cube Gold", but muck less flavoured.

Is a complex mixture of tobaccos, all with excelent,premium quality,

Recommended, but personally, I prefer the Cube Gold.

3 Stars.