The cherry cavendish recipe consists of 50% black cavendish from Africa and the Philippines mixed with 50% virginia from Brazil, Argentina and India. On top of that sweet cherry taste is added. Flavor: Hints of cherry.

Notes: As other Blends from Borkum Riff, this was produced originally by Swedish Match, Sweden, and now is branded by Scandinavian Tobacco Group, Denmark.

BrandBorkum Riff
2.5
Bram Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bram (4)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant

This was my first Borkum experience amd second with Danish aromatic blends. The pouch smells of fresh cherries and a subtle hint of sour cherries, and the smoke almost meets the expectations raised by the pouch note.The cherry is very noticeable throughout the first two-thirds of the bowl, giving the smoke a sour and fruity character. My students love it when I smoke this in the yard and have praised the note on various occasions. I do tend to leave the last one-third unsmoked since it turns rather smokey and bitter. All in all, a once-in-a-whiler for me.

Pipe Used: Angelo briar

Age When Smoked: Fresh from the pouch

Baki Oztepe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Baki Oztepe (9)

A pretty decent aromatic. As a new pipe smoker, I was recommended aromatics for starters, as usual. And this is one of the first I have ever tried. At the time, I was having trouble smoking this as it has a relatively strong smoke and prone to go out, thus the easy to get a tongue bite. But as soon as I learned how to properly pack and smoke it, this became one of my favorite aromatics. The reason being, this is nicely blended and the aroma is not very artificial. When you open the pack it does not smell like perfume but natural cherry flavors. Compared to other cherry blends, I definitely prefer this one. Will definitely buy again.

Pipe Used: Savinelli Standing 606

Braed Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Braed (8)

This was my first cherry flavoured tobacco. After you open the pouch a sweet cherry smell comes out instantly. The smell is very pleasant. The tobacco is amixture of black cavendish and virginia. It burns slowly and cold. I first smoked the tobacco in a Vauen Classic full bent pipe. Also there is no tongue bit instead. The smoke has a pleasant sweet cherry note. For me it's an average all day tobacco.

ChrisGR Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ChrisGR (4)
Medium Mild Very Mild Tolerable

I don't know how to rate this blend. And that because I don't find this one to be a true aromatic. It doesn't smell such one when you smoke it. Also it hasn't any taste worth talking about! It is like blowing hot air from a tobacco that I find medium(to strong). Of course on the pouch it says "with hints of cherry" but when I bought it they said that is full of cherry flavor and aroma which I never found, except the very first time I smoke a bowl where I tasted some hints of cherry and I was left with a very light nice aftertaste.

It came wet as it should be for a nice smoke and it tends to get dry fast in the pouch in contrast to other classic aromatics.

I still dont know how to rate this blend but for sure it isn't the cherry aromatic someone whould expect it to be. There are a lot better aromatics with cherry flavor out there at the same or even lower price tag.

Pipe Used: Briar