The cherry cavendish recipe consists of 50% black cavendish from Africa and the Philippines mixed with 50% virginia from Brazil, Argentina and India. On top of that sweet cherry taste is added. Flavor: Hints of cherry.

Notes: As other Blends from Borkum Riff, this was produced originally by Swedish Match, Sweden, and now is branded by Scandinavian Tobacco Group, Denmark.

BrandBorkum Riff
Blended BySwedish Match
Manufactured BySkandinavian Tobacco Group
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Virginia
FlavoringCherry
Packaging50g Pouch
CountrySE
Strength
Mild, Medium
Mild, Medium to Strong
Taste
Very Mild, Medium
Pleasant, Tolerable
2.0
Bram Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bram (4)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant

This was my first Borkum experience amd second with Danish aromatic blends. The pouch smells of fresh cherries and a subtle hint of sour cherries, and the smoke almost meets the expectations raised by the pouch note.The cherry is very noticeable throughout the first two-thirds of the bowl, giving the smoke a sour and fruity character. My students love it when I smoke this in the yard and have praised the note on various occasions. I do tend to leave the last one-third unsmoked since it turns rather smokey and bitter. All in all, a once-in-a-whiler for me.

Pipe Used: Angelo briar

Age When Smoked: Fresh from the pouch

ChrisGR Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ChrisGR (4)
Medium Mild Very Mild Tolerable

I don't know how to rate this blend. And that because I don't find this one to be a true aromatic. It doesn't smell such one when you smoke it. Also it hasn't any taste worth talking about! It is like blowing hot air from a tobacco that I find medium(to strong). Of course on the pouch it says "with hints of cherry" but when I bought it they said that is full of cherry flavor and aroma which I never found, except the very first time I smoke a bowl where I tasted some hints of cherry and I was left with a very light nice aftertaste.

It came wet as it should be for a nice smoke and it tends to get dry fast in the pouch in contrast to other classic aromatics.

I still dont know how to rate this blend but for sure it isn't the cherry aromatic someone whould expect it to be. There are a lot better aromatics with cherry flavor out there at the same or even lower price tag.

Pipe Used: Briar