This blend is made from 'a little bit of everything' , the bits and pieces of tobacco left over throughout the manufacturing process. Flavoured with an aromatic scent. The blend does vary from time to time.

One to try, a great mild to medium smoke.

BrandGawith, Hoggarth & Co.
Strength
Taste
Medium, Medium to Full

2.5
Pipemanuk Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pipemanuk (76)

Well, being perilously close to the age of a pensioner, I thought I ought to try this! Opening the 25 gramme pack the frankly awful bubblegum scent made me wince and chuck the thing onto the side of the kitchen worktop. I thought, I cannot smoke that disgusting stuff...still it was only a few quid Then a week or so later I picked it up again while cleaning the worktop....and suprise, suprise the yucky smell had vanished completely and a fairly decent tobacco scent was left, so I took a closer look at the contents, filled up a pipe and had a smoke. Not half bad actually! Probably not cheap enough to warrant buying this too often, but not bad in the flavour or strength department. And here's a suprise, it doesn't actually smoke as if it's stuff swept up off the floor either; it smokes rather like a composite of G & H blends...which of course it is. So...message to G & H first. For goodness sake stop using that disgusting bubblegum scent! Message to fellow pipesmokers....give it a try but leave it a week or so to let the smell vanish first.

DrDyson Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DrDyson (111)
Medium Strong Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Hmmm. I'm in a minority here, it seems; people whose opinions I respect are giving this stuff five stars! I tried it out of curiosity; didn't like it at all. The heavy casing is added, I'm guessing, to give some sort of continuity to a tobacco that otherwise would never be the same twice; but the casing - the “bubblegum” flavour – is far too heavy for me. Also, for what is, after all, only a collection of leftovers it isn't all that cheap. In my opinion, smoking this isn't worth the small amount of money you save. You might as well buy something decent and smoke less of it. Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't recommend it.

thesmoggypipester Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
thesmoggypipester (30)
Medium Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

Me and wibblefishofdoom had this debate on pipe smokers forum about this tobacco and we both bought a sample packs worth and i have just had my first smoke of this mixture today .the first part of wibbles review i agree with has a tutti frutti bubble gum scent to it which is strangely appealing Packing and lighting are very easy and the sweetness carrys over to the smoke but not sickeningly so I did get flavours of lakeland scents not to dissimilar to condor and there is a deffinite taste of latakia And a nuttiness of burley I will admit i was a bit apprehensive in trying this but im glad i did there is an element of fun and surprise in this as you dont know what flavours are going to pop up next Also its very easy on the tongue with very little bite Nicotine strength i found it just right not too little that i feel i need more but not too much that it makes me feel sick Over all i am extremely happy with this mix i would highly recommend it to fans of aromatics or those looking for something completely different and unique and something which will never quite stay the same

Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium to Full Tolerable

I found the scent of this upon opening it to be quite tolerable even if a bit strange although I can see how many may find it off putting !! ! I found the smoking to actually be quite pleasing although I did get a little bite at times !! Not my favourite but if you can stomach the strange smell upon opening it you may like it !

Pipe Used: Peterson

Purchased From: Local Dealer

Wibblefishofdoom Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Wibblefishofdoom (111)
Very Strong Medium to Strong Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable

I've been hesitating for a while about whether or not to buy this one due to it's nature and finally took the plunge after a discussion on Pipe Smokers Forum so here goes.

The packet aroma for this one is, well, startling is the only word I can think of. It's a kind of sweet fruity smell, almost reminds me of the raspberry or strawberry bubblegum I used to buy when I was a kid. The tobacco inside is very finely rubbed, almost reminding me of those last few scragends at the bottom of a packet, it does make me wonder if this stuff is more floor sweepings rather than the cut offs from plugs and flakes. Nevertheless I ventured forth and packed and lit a pipe - very easy here. Strangely, the fruitiness carries over into the smoke and, while it does fade over full course of the bowl, it still pops up from time to time. As it fades, a nutty virginia, not too unlike St. Bruno Flake, appears as does a good dose of Black Cavendish - strangely nice considering I can't stand the stuff pure - and I can't help wondering if there's some burley in there too given the propensity for holding the flavouring and a little dash of tonguebite. This is quite a strong one though with a thorough dose of Vitamin N.

On the whole then, a very pleasant smoke. As to be expected of this one, the smoke will most likely change from packet to packet, probably why it's so heavily flavoured, yet I'll be more than happy to try this one again and again.

Blue Bayou Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Blue Bayou (59)
Strong Medium to Strong Full Pleasant

It left a horrible coating in my mouth. I threw the rest of it away. Wife abhors the room note.