Predominately Virginia leaf from Brazil, Zimbabwe and Malawi (86%) but with the addition of sun cured Malawi (10%) to add sweetness, strength and to cool the smoke and Malawi Burley (4%) to add body.

BrandGawith, Hoggarth & Co.
Blended ByGawith, Hoggarth & Co.
Manufactured ByGawith, Hoggarth & Co.
FlavoringAlmond, Floral Essences, Fruit / Citrus, Rum, Vanilla
Strength
Taste

3.8
Medium Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant

The only differences between this and the flake version is that this burns at a more reasonable pace, and is very slightly less sweet. Otherwise, i can’t tell a difference, therefore I’m repeating this review here with a couple of changes. The Virginias are floral, earthy, dark fruit and citrus sweet with a little grass, and are the dominant tobaccos. The burleys are very nutty, earthy sweet in a continual support role. The almond enhancement mildly adds some complexity to the deep fruity tropical topping. The vanilla gently reminds you it’s there, while the rum gently underscores the other aspects of the tobacco. The Lakeland essence is very obvious without drowning out the other toppings, though all the flavor additions sublimate the tobaccos to some extent. There are stronger Lakeland blends than this, and it may be that the other sweet additions temper it just a little. I don’t know if this is what I’d pick for an entry level Lakeland smoker, but there are lighter ones to start with, though the sweet level may be the very thing to hook a Lakeland newbie. It will ghost a pipe and a meer, too. Has a slightly more than mild nic-hit. The strength and taste is medium. The flavorings and tobaccos meld well to create a cool, clean, creamy consistent taste from start to finish. No harsh or weak spots. Burns at a moderate pace if given a slight dry time. Leaves very little moisture in the bowl. Needs some relights.The lingering sweet after taste is very pleasant as is the room note. Not an all day smoke.

Medium Mild Medium to Full Pleasant

Ennerdale has a lot of strength thanks to the addition of 10% Malawi leaf. I love its sweetness and strength in this blend. Ennerdale, typical of a lot of G&H tobaccos, has some natural flavoring added that doesn't necessarily sweeten up the blend much, but really presents a unique presentation to each puff. Good stuff but not for the faint of heart.

Medium Very Mild Medium Pleasant

Gawith Hoggarth-Ennerdale Mixture. Personally I'd describe this as a broken flake, in the pouch there are a good few larger pieces of flake. There is a slightly fruity/floral aroma coming from the mix, not at all aromatic smelling but it does seem to have had a slight addition to it. The moistness is good so mine is easy to light up. The smoke I find enjoyable, the slightly aromatic presence I was expecting has all but disappeared. There is a VERY delicate fruity note there but I don't feel clobbered by false flavour. The two tobaccos are impeccably weighted. There is the wonderful Virginia which isn't too much as to cancel out the Burley. The nicotine is easy to notice, not strong but by no means weak. I had no expectations for this but am glad I bought some, highly recommended.

Pipe Used: Butz Choquin Calabash Super Junior

Purchased From: My Smoking Shop

Greekpipesmoker Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Greekpipesmoker (81)
Medium to Strong Very Strong Medium Pleasant

This tflake tobacco is a different experience.when you crack the tin a really strong almond flavour comes out.after rubbing it out you should leave this to dry out a bit.it lights nice burns good without burning the pipe as most aromatics.it has nutty flavour but the topping dominates everything.my advise is to go slow relax and enjoy.it is a mdium nicotine with very strong aroma so if you are not in strong aroma blends don't buy it.leaves proper moist at the end of the bowl .not a blend to start your day.better smoke it late at the afternoon it might get you dizzy at the morning hours.

Age When Smoked: Rubed and leave it to dry out a couple hours

Reggietom Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Reggietom (7)
Medium Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

I like Ennerdale mixture, it's not too strong, full of flavour and a good alternative to my favourite, strong, tobaccos. I could easily smoke this all day long and when I have I can still taste it the following day, (even after brushing my teeth twice).
The room note is very pleasant and if I was allowed to smoke in the house I think it could well become my number 1 smoke, mainly because my wife 'quite likes' the smell compared to some of my other favourites.

Pipe Used: Peterson 317 and Donegal Rocky

Age When Smoked: New, and aged

Purchased From: McGahey Exeter, The Tobacco Bar Plymouth

Similar Blends: Bosun Cut Plug, Erinmore Mixture.

Wibblefishofdoom Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Wibblefishofdoom (135)
Medium to Strong Medium Medium Pleasant

I bought this one to see how it would compare to the full flake. I wasn't surprised when the wafts of cherry came flooding out of the packet, even if it was less sweet than the flake. The packing and lighting are equally as easy. The smoke is a little different, maintaining the cherry flavour for longer and providing a bit more kick from the Vitamin N. On the whole then, just as big a pleasure to smoke as the flake but different enough to keep both in my rotation. Whether or not the flake would taste the same if rubbed out and left in a jar for a week I don't know, but worth a try? Maybe.