Predominately virginia leaf from Brazil, Zimbabwe and Malawi (86%) but with the addition of sun cured Malawi (10%) to add sweetness, strength and to cool the smoke and Malawi Burley (4%) to

BrandGawith, Hoggarth & Co.
Blend TypeVirginia/Burley
Very Mild, Medium, Medium to Strong

Medium Very Mild Medium Pleasant

Gawith Hoggarth-Ennerdale Mixture. Personally I'd describe this as a broken flake, in the pouch there are a good few larger pieces of flake. There is a slightly fruity/floral aroma coming from the mix, not at all aromatic smelling but it does seem to have had a slight addition to it. The moistness is good so mine is easy to light up. The smoke I find enjoyable, the slightly aromatic presence I was expecting has all but disappeared. There is a VERY delicate fruity note there but I don't feel clobbered by false flavour. The two tobaccos are impeccably weighted. There is the wonderful Virginia which isn't too much as to cancel out the Burley. The nicotine is easy to notice, not strong but by no means weak. I had no expectations for this but am glad I bought some, highly recommended.

Pipe Used: Butz Choquin Calabash Super Junior

Purchased From: My Smoking Shop

Reggietom Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Reggietom (7)
Medium Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

I like Ennerdale mixture, it's not too strong, full of flavour and a good alternative to my favourite, strong, tobaccos. I could easily smoke this all day long and when I have I can still taste it the following day, (even after brushing my teeth twice).
The room note is very pleasant and if I was allowed to smoke in the house I think it could well become my number 1 smoke, mainly because my wife 'quite likes' the smell compared to some of my other favourites.

Pipe Used: Peterson 317 and Donegal Rocky

Age When Smoked: New, and aged

Purchased From: McGahey Exeter, The Tobacco Bar Plymouth

Similar Blends: Bosun Cut Plug, Erinmore Mixture.

Wibblefishofdoom Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Wibblefishofdoom (122)
Medium to Strong Medium Medium Pleasant

I bought this one to see how it would compare to the full flake. I wasn't surprised when the wafts of cherry came flooding out of the packet, even if it was less sweet than the flake. The packing and lighting are equally as easy. The smoke is a little different, maintaining the cherry flavour for longer and providing a bit more kick from the Vitamin N. On the whole then, just as big a pleasure to smoke as the flake but different enough to keep both in my rotation. Whether or not the flake would taste the same if rubbed out and left in a jar for a week I don't know, but worth a try? Maybe.