Manufactured by spinning tobacco dark fired leaves into a rope. The Pig Tail is more widely used as a chewing tobacco although can still be smoked if preferred. Flavoured with Vanilla. Loose packaged weighed to order.

BrandGawith, Hoggarth & Co.
FlavoringVanilla
CutRope
Strength
Mild, Medium
Taste
Medium, Medium to Full
Pleasant, Strong
Medium Mild to Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

Gawith Hoggarth-Brown Pigtail Vanilla. The aroma from the twist is a mild and pleasing one however it smells more like custard than Vanilla alone. The twist holds a fair amount of moisture so I slice it into coins and leave it to sit for a while. After that it lights easily and gives off a cool, thick, creamy and bite free smoke. The Vanilla flavour comes across wonderfully, again it's like smoking custard! I wouldn't say it's a strong flavour but it's just the right volume to be appreciated. I find the N to be at the archetypal medium amount for me, perfect! As it burns fairly slowly I find I can take my time to savour the flavours. Although the topping is at a decent strength, for me the Virginia also cuts through well. Very grassy, very hay like and extremely fresh. The room note has a subtle addition of Vanilla to it, not particularly full but good nonetheless! This was included as a gift by G.Q Tobaccos for purchasing a fair quantity of items this month so many thanks to Glynn for this four star blend! Highly recommended.

Pipe Used: Erik Nording

Purchased From: G.Q Tobaccos

TheJayBee Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TheJayBee (61)
Mild Mild Medium Strong

That was a tricky tobacco to fill the pipe with. I cut three coins and rubbed them out and put it inside.

The smell is very nice and sweet, but the smoke is very rich and I could barely taste any vanilla. I actually was able to taste spices. It reminded me a bit of a cigar when smoking it. Really nice and definitely recommended.

The room note however did not go well with my partner, he really disliked it..