Don't let the Latakia in the aroma fool you. This is a well-balanced English blend with medium-bodied Virginias serving to counter-balance the distinctive spice of the Latakia.

BrandRich's
Blended ByBill Schindler
ContentsLatakia
Strength
Taste
Medium, Full
Pleasant to Tolerable, Tolerable
2.0
luvinthepipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
luvinthepipe (18)
Mild to Medium None Detected Full Tolerable

This tobacco was new and filled with beautiful looking tobaccos, hope and promise. At Rich's tobacco shop, the young fellow who sold me my usual blend (changed somehow but that's another story) convinced me to buy a bag of this tobacco. It lit up nice and had full flavor but somehow, and I am not sure why, this blend seemed unbalanced, out of harmony, flavors competing with each other, arguing, full of bitterness and hate. Quality tobacco can almost have a personality. This one welcomes you with a smile but leaves you feeling like arguing with your wife. Very strange tobacco which has everything I should love in a tobacco except....wow, can't finish that sentence.

Phonomet Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Phonomet (41)

I have to agree with luvnthepipe's review. I had high hopes for this one. A couple ounces were thoughtfully gifted to me by a friend who knows I'd appreciate the Carpenters reference and the style of tobacco. The pouch note is so alluring and promising--sweet sour and smoky--but the flavors are all over the place. My hunch is that some good Virginias are present, but perhaps the latakia is substandard? I don't know. I'll finish the pouch but boy I wish it tasted like it smells.