Virginia mixed with a bit of Perique, which supplies the mixture gently spicy character and natural sweetness. This vintage tobacco leaves from mature cherry barrels, giving it a distinctive flavor and aroma. Tobacco blend full flavor.

BrandMostex
Taste

ColonelStJames Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ColonelStJames (14)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

Another gift from my sister. She went to the Stanislaw shop in Prague and this was her choice for me to try. What was remarkable was while she was gone, I had my first Va/Per experience with St. James Flake and liked it a lot. Then, with no knowledge of what I had just smoked, here she comes back from the Czech Republic with yet another Va/Per for me to try. This one is especially nice with just enough Perique in the mix to give the smoke just the right amount of pepper. The Virgina is certainly tasty enough, but the fact that they allow it to age in the cherry barrels adds more to the flavor. Don't get me wrong, there is not enough cherry in this to make it what I would consider a cherry flavored tobacco by any means. The cherry is most notable in the tin aroma, but I'm not getting it in the room note or the taste. It's just a nice addition to the blend. Mr. Stanislaw hits another one out of the park with this, but therein lies the problem. Where can I get more of this here in the states? Stanislaw needs to find an American importer and SOON!! Think I'll go have a bowl of Irish Spring Flake right now!