This black and gold blend brings you the pungent richness of Syrian Latakia in a web of bright lemon ribbon cut flue cured Virginia, topped off with a smooth touch of St. James Parish Perique.

BrandFader's
ContentsVirginia, Perique, Latakia
Strength
Taste
Mild to Medium None Detected Medium to Full Pleasant

Fader's Shops in Maryland have been around since Moses crossed the Red Sea (well, almost), and their house blends are always appreciated by me. I have smoked many of them over the years and went back to my notebook for some, but others are recent "smokes" when my local pipe club had a "Fader's Night" at the Tobacco Bar a year or so ago.

If Oxford is still in production it won't be for long unless Fader's has hidden a large stash of Syrian Latakia because Oxford was loaded with that wonderful sweet and smoky stuff. I really appreciated this one because the sweet leathery taste of the Latakia came through in droves and once again, the background Virginia was well aged and provided some solid depth to the smoke. The Perique was playing far off in the background but penetrated the other leaf perfectly. In fact, in my notes to myself when I smoked this one years ago was that I thought it should be a tinned blend.