Initially in the 1890's the Maraschino Cherry was an expensive luxury item only served in the finest hotels. Now over a century later, the delicious Maraschino can be enjoyed as a pipe tobacco. A bite free mixture of Burley, Virginia and Black Cavendish.

ContentsBurley
FlavoringCherry
CountryUnknown
Strength
Taste
Extremely Mild (Flat), Medium
Unnoticeable, Pleasant
2.5
HamptonsDave Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
HamptonsDave (12)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Extremely Mild (Flat) Unnoticeable

Not very good. I expected more from this tobacco but was extremely disappointed. Burned very hot and bit my tongue badly. Smoked a few bowls and threw out the rest.

Pipe Used: Cob

Purchased From: Online

serif365 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
serif365 (20)
Mild Medium Medium Pleasant

My father was a long-time pipe smoker and he usually had some Middleton's Cherry mixed in with his everyday blend. I tried OTC cherry blends occasionally over the last 40 years and they always tasted artificial and had a terrible bite.

To my pleasant surprise Maraschino is the exception. I received a couple ounces of this mixture in a "cherry sampler" and immediately fell in love with it. The Burley base is good in its on right but the sweet cherry flavoring is present throughout the bowl with no artificial aftertaste. This tobacco never bites and I enjoy it from first light to the bottom of the bowl.

I highly recommend Maraschino to any pipe smoke looking for a good cherry blend.