Tobacco selection: Air cured Buleys from Mexico and flue cured Virginias from Brazil and USA.

Tobacco cut: Loose cut mixed with cut plugs.

Tobacco Flavor/Aroma: Sweet fruit taste perfectly balanced with brandy.

Recommendations: A fine smoking blend on its own.

BrandNewminster
Manufactured ByVilliger
CountryUnknown
Strength
Very Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium
Mild to Medium, Medium, Strong
Taste
Pipe Newb Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pipe Newb (40)
Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I am a big fan of some aros, but usually not anything with fruit as they've typically been fairly acrid, acidic on the tongue, and generally disagreeable in my past.

However, this blend was gifted to me to sample, and I am very glad it was.

Pouch note is smoky, with a strong presence of natural overripe blackberry.

The initial char and first few draws were very smooth and balanced, a faint smokiness, slightly stronger bready/yeasty characteristics, with strong blackberry and currant. Snorking and French Inhale left a strong taste and aroma of, well, blackberries! While the flavor was spot on, there was no syrupy or sickly sweet character to the smoke... think more of a very dry blackberry wine.

Nicotine content was a bit of a surprise, I'm guessing burley is a predominant tobacco in this blend. I went to the races a little on this one. It's sneaky because as soon as the flavor starts to get really good, so does the buzz.

All-in-all, a very enjoyable tobacco. I can see this being a great post-lunch smoke, a bright, warm, and gentle aromatic that would pair well with iced tea. Think of a well balanced tobacco, then add just enough blackberry topping to make it agreeable indoors. As far as a con, I would say the topping can overpower the tobacco somewhat, nothing is really "bold" here.

Pipe Used: MM Legend

Age When Smoked: Unknown

Purchased From: Unknown (gifted)

BigCasino Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BigCasino (27)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I partake in few Aromatics, but I love the thought of a delicious berry and other fruit flavored tobaccos, so I try them when I see something I like, I didn't think the tobacco was overly wet, but the darkness of this blend and the wonderful aroma in the bulk jar at the B&M just forced me to buy some, and I'm glad I did, I don't ever dry any of my tobacco, so I stuff and puff, sure it takes a couple few relights but then again most do, and I'm not in a big hurry anyways, the flavor of the blackberries does come through, it's no where near over powering, the tobacco is definitely a mild flavor, but then just enough of the blackberry is left behind

Pipe Used: Nording Rshodesian

Age When Smoked: unknown

Purchased From: Alegheny Smoke Works

Tony M Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tony M (6)
Mild to Medium Strong Medium Very Pleasant

When I first read about Mr. Swearingen of Smokingpipes.com enjoying a pre-release sample, I was very much intrigued by the sound of this blend. I was eager to pick up an ounce when it came out.

I don't often smoke aromatics, but the Blackberry Brandy sounded much too interesting not to try. The aroma is incredibly strong and the tobacco is very moist. It's the closest to hookah shisha I've ever seen in pipe tobacco. This blend could probably stand to have a good bit of air drying time, but I was too impatient to do so. There was a lot of relighting those couple bowls. That said, it was a good smoke. The flavor was incredibly present, and yet it didn't strike me as overwhelming (something that, say, Stanwell Melange did). I didn't really experience the room note, but I think it would be quite agreeable.

In the end, this isn't a tobacco for me to keep around, but I think it's good aromatic. If that's more your cup of tea, definitely give it a try.