Tobacco selection: Air cured Buleys from Mexico and flue cured Virginias from Brazil and USA.

Tobacco cut: Loose cut mixed with cut plugs.

Tobacco Flavor/Aroma: Sweet fruit taste perfectly balanced with brandy.

Recommendations: A fine smoking blend on its own.

BrandNewminster
Manufactured ByVilliger
CountryUnknown
Strength
Very Mild, Mild to Medium
Mild to Medium, Strong
Taste
BigCasino Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BigCasino (27)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I partake in few Aromatics, but I love the thought of a delicious berry and other fruit flavored tobaccos, so I try them when I see something I like, I didn't think the tobacco was overly wet, but the darkness of this blend and the wonderful aroma in the bulk jar at the B&M just forced me to buy some, and I'm glad I did, I don't ever dry any of my tobacco, so I stuff and puff, sure it takes a couple few relights but then again most do, and I'm not in a big hurry anyways, the flavor of the blackberries does come through, it's no where near over powering, the tobacco is definitely a mild flavor, but then just enough of the blackberry is left behind

Pipe Used: Nording Rshodesian

Age When Smoked: unknown

Purchased From: Alegheny Smoke Works

Tony M Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tony M (6)
Mild to Medium Strong Medium Very Pleasant

When I first read about Mr. Swearingen of Smokingpipes.com enjoying a pre-release sample, I was very much intrigued by the sound of this blend. I was eager to pick up an ounce when it came out.

I don't often smoke aromatics, but the Blackberry Brandy sounded much too interesting not to try. The aroma is incredibly strong and the tobacco is very moist. It's the closest to hookah shisha I've ever seen in pipe tobacco. This blend could probably stand to have a good bit of air drying time, but I was too impatient to do so. There was a lot of relighting those couple bowls. That said, it was a good smoke. The flavor was incredibly present, and yet it didn't strike me as overwhelming (something that, say, Stanwell Melange did). I didn't really experience the room note, but I think it would be quite agreeable.

In the end, this isn't a tobacco for me to keep around, but I think it's good aromatic. If that's more your cup of tea, definitely give it a try.