The Owl Shop of New Haven's best selling variety of pipe tobacco.

BrandOwl Shop
Blended ByJoe Lentine
ContentsBlack Cavendish
Strength
Mild to Medium, Medium to Strong
Extremely Mild, Medium to Strong
Taste
Mild to Medium, Medium to Full
Very Pleasant, Pleasant
manxman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
manxman (19)
Medium to Strong Medium to Strong Medium to Full Pleasant

I get favorable comments when smoking this, even from non -smokers. Even though I use a filtered pipe most of the time, the full flavor and strength comes through. It's got some nicotine, too. I like this stuff and will probably keep it in my rotation. If you find it too strong, I suggest the Owl Shop's "Black Magic" , which is milder.

Purchased From: Owl Shop, New Haven, CT

rushm1n3r Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
rushm1n3r (15)
Mild to Medium Extremely Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

For those who want a pleasant aromatic with some body and a nice room note, this tobacco is for you.

I bought the tobacco from The Owl Shop. As always, the staff were extremely nice. The tobacco was ribbon cut and had dark tortoise shell coloring. It was just on the moist side of perfect, as bought.

Tin note was rich and, being the aromatic-lover that I am, luxurious: base aroma a mixture of dried dates, figs, and straw, topped with light notes of vanilla. I also detected a wisp of coconut, which I attribute to the bright Virginias.

The first half of the smoke was cool with no bite. I didn't have to pace my cadence to keep the bowl either cool or lit. The smoke was so cool...much appreciated after having nursed my way through 1/4-a-tin of Mac Baren's Mixture Scottish Blend! The dates and straw came through in the smoke, as did a balanced sweetness from the Cavendish. The Virgina provided solid body. No coconut or vanilla flavors came through in the smoke, though my tongue was fried from the Mac Baren's, so perhaps I missed them. As the bowl progressed, notes of hazenut and dark tea began to register. Second half of the bowl smoked hot and the sweetness from before was replaced with a rich, toasted nuttyness. Smoked dry all the way through (keep in mind I was smoking in a cob, which could smoke water-logged oak leaves dry). Mild nicotine hit.

Mixed wonderfully with a freshly brewed ice coffee!

The room note was out of the world, described by my GF as "wonderful", "great", and "not pungent at all."

Four out of four stars for the aromatic aficionados out there!

Pipe Used: MM Diplomat

Age When Smoked: Fresh baggy just bought.

Purchased From: The Owl Shop at the counter.

Similar Blends: Odin's Wind.