Sail Black is a blend with dominating dark tobaccos, specially treated with double fermentaion and aging, giving a sweet vanilla type aroma.

BrandSail
Blended ByScandinavian Tobacco Group
ContentsCavendish
CutKrumble Kake
Packaging50gr pouch
Strength
Very Mild, Mild to Medium
Taste
Mild to Medium, Full
Pleasant, Strong
2.0
Orchid Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Orchid (3)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Full Strong

I may be biased because the only cased tobacco I've ever liked is Bosun's Cut Plug (which I adore), but this was the only pipe tobacco available in the local Portuguese baccy shop when I was on holiday there, so I had to buy it. Basically: Yuk! I agree with Patxi's pouch aroma, but would add the noticeable vanilla casing. Can be a struggle to get going once in the bowl, and goes out if you don't keep at it. It seems to me that it's been sweetened. It has a dark chocolate kind of bitterness, but is sugary sweet and with the vanilla this is quite sickly to my taste. All the while I'm smoking it I'm yearning for a nice clean, pure virginia. My partner said that the vanilla was noticeable on the room note, but the underlying tobacco stank horrible - and disliked it a lot. If I wasn't as tight as a gnat's arse, I'd bin it. As it is I'm struggling on until the pouch is done. This very moment I'm smoking it while drinking fresh ground cuban coffee, and I'm thinking what a waste of good coffee.

Patxi Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Patxi (1)
Very Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

Got this tobacco at the local magazine. Having previously reviewed other blends from this make, I thought I wouldn't be far off. As an occasional smoker, I prefer mild to very mild blends, and this is one of them, with nicotine being lightly noticed.

Opening the puch, sealed inside a plastic bag, one notices immediately the aroma of chocolate and raisins, that lasts all the way to the end of the bowl. One can taste it and smell it when smoking.

Be carefull of tongue bite. Light it up and puff to fast and it will bite. Do the same when going throught the bowl and it will bite again.

Tends to go out if not tightly packed on the bowl; bruns a bit on the fast side, and leaves a fine hard ash.

The after taste is bland on the mouth, but persistent.

One to be bought again by me, with an almost sweet-like addiction, like sucking candy or eating dark chocolate, and low kick. IF you don't mind the bite when it caughts you offguard .