Our rare fired cured Green River Burley, hand blended with Virginia Flake.

BrandHiland's Cigars
ContentsBurley, Virginia, Black Cavendish
Strength
Mild, Medium
Taste
Mild to Medium, Medium to Full
Very Pleasant, Pleasant
Preacher PipeWeed Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Preacher PipeWeed (4)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Like's its older brother Black Gold (also from Hilands Cigars), Black Gold Plus is a wonderful aromatic that is sure to please. To best understand Black Gold Plus, read the reviews of Black Gold. It is the exact same tobacco, but with the addition of some Virginia which gives it a bit more "presence".

Along with Black Gold, this is my daily smoke (I alternate between the two). Mild with a hint of sweetness that is not overpowering. Perhaps the most relaxed and pleasing tobacco I've ever encountered. Don't buy a sample, buy a pound. You won't be disappointed. In fact, even though I am progressively moving more and more into the Virginia (McClellands), non-aromatic (Mississippi River) and English (Dunhill) direction, Black Gold and Black Gold Plus are the two aromatics I refuse to give up. I also tend to be a heavy puffer, but have never got tongue bite. In fact, several times just to test the theory I intentionally puffed like a mad man all the way through the bowl. Same result. No tongue bite. Likewise, I don't have the problem with goop in the bottom of the bowl, unlike others who have commented about Black Gold. If you are having that trouble, it is easily solved by proper drying pre-smoke.

Purchased From: Hilands Cigars (Scotsdale, Arizona)

Similar Blends: Black Gold.

eaglessj Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
eaglessj (5)
Mild Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

As the one who added this tobacco to this site I will try and offer my most humble opinion for all the world to see.

I was told about this tobacco from a pastor on youtube. After seeing various youtube reviews on it I decided to give it a try. I dove in head first and ordered a pound for right at $40 shipped.

The tobacco flavour is very mild. The casing is also a mild sweet flavour with a hint of brownie and vanilla that peaks out from time to time. It is a very cool smoke even with frequent "tastings" This is the first tobacco I have tried that smokes all the way down without getting a horrible taste towards the end. It also leaves a dry bowl.

I wouldnt say this is my favorite smoke but Im glad I bought a pound and will order more. Its good to have around. I will rotate this in with my boswells blends (raspberry cream, Pennsylvania Dutch Treat, No bite Delight) I guess Im not raving about it like everyone else online is because I have never found any tobacco blend that taste as good as it smells in the bag/tin.