Aromatic Virginia and twice fermented, fine Black
Cavendish are the main components of this soft
Danish tobacco. A mixture that is characterized by a
fine, subtly sweet taste. A special recommendation
for the beginner.

Taste

Wiseguy1982 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Wiseguy1982 (23)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Well, this is a very tricky tobacco to review. I honestly haven't smoked anything this mild in a very long time. That being said, this Danish tobacco is also the first Danish variety I have ever smoked as well. So, I am not certain as to whether or not my review is all that correct...bear with me.

Upon opening the (very full) tin I was greeted by a wafting of sweet tobacco and a casing of some sort. Apparently it's a secret, as I could not find ANY info on it. Anywho, the tobacco's colors are splendid considering the time of year we are in, lots of coppery brown and gold and the black Cavendish. It's also very soft to the touch.

It packs extremely well and is quite springy. It also lit with very little effort.

The first few puffs are so mild I can barely taste anything, but after the burn continues to settle, I taste a nice tangy almost citrus flavor, that must be the casing. At least I think so.

It's a very delicate aromatic tobacco, puffing to hard and fast makes it go flat. It demands to be sipped. However, if you wait too long you have to relight. It also burns a bit hot, but it may have just been my thin walled pipe.

This is why I think it has to do with Danish Aromatics, and my lack of experience with them.

I will give this pleasant tobacco three stars. It seems overlooked and neglected, and I am falling in love with it.

10/25/2012 EDIT: I have now had a good chance at smoking this mixture in several different pipes, and I just finished a bowl in my LOTR style Churchwarden and this blend was a knockout! Seeing as it is strict VA/Cav blend, a longer stem really cools the smoke and makes this blend a hellishly good treat! Updated to 4 stars!